Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Highlighted
Posted Apr 29, 2013
8:50:34 AM
uverse internet keeps dropping
Edited by kodali99 on Apr 29, 2013 at 8:55:30 AM

my internet connection keeps dropping every day 2 or 3 times and it is impacting my work. I am posting uv realtime data and please help to understand the data and to figure out any issues. 

Thanks for your help.

my internet connection keeps dropping every day 2 or 3 times and it is impacting my work. I am posting uv realtime data and please help to understand the data and to figure out any issues. 

Thanks for your help.

uverse internet keeps dropping

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2013 10:50:08 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

SomeJoe has provided great info, check All Programs to the UV Realtime tab and select the Main Doc and/or Tech Doc to get all the info/explanation about each point on each screen.

I'd wait another 24 hours and repost the Error Table when it gets more info for diagnostic help. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

SomeJoe has provided great info, check All Programs to the UV Realtime tab and select the Main Doc and/or Tech Doc to get all the info/explanation about each point on each screen.

I'd wait another 24 hours and repost the Error Table when it gets more info for diagnostic help. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: uverse internet keeps dropping

2 of 5 (1,161 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2013 5:05:04 PM
(0)
Expert

From the error table, it looks like all of the errors are occuring in a burst -- the loss of signal, uncorrected blocks, retrains, etc. all occurred at the same time, about an hour & 35 minutes before you took that screen shot.

Bursty errors like this, combined with the other readings (no evidence of bridge tap on bitloading, proper max rate for your distance) points to a point source of line interference.

You should contact tier 2 and have them send a senior tech that can look for and eliminate these sources of interference. Possible sources include:

* Power line interference, such as:
* Fluorescent light ballasts
* High-intensity gas discharge lights like mercury vapor
* Grounding problems, such as improper ground at the NID, the pedestal, etc.
* Electrical system grounding problems, such as improper ground on the RG's outlet, the breaker panel, etc.
* HAM radio broadcasts in the HF band
* AM radio transmissions, such as a nearby radio station

Try to isolate any potential source of these problems and see if you can find one that eliminates the interference.

From the error table, it looks like all of the errors are occuring in a burst -- the loss of signal, uncorrected blocks, retrains, etc. all occurred at the same time, about an hour & 35 minutes before you took that screen shot.

Bursty errors like this, combined with the other readings (no evidence of bridge tap on bitloading, proper max rate for your distance) points to a point source of line interference.

You should contact tier 2 and have them send a senior tech that can look for and eliminate these sources of interference. Possible sources include:

* Power line interference, such as:
* Fluorescent light ballasts
* High-intensity gas discharge lights like mercury vapor
* Grounding problems, such as improper ground at the NID, the pedestal, etc.
* Electrical system grounding problems, such as improper ground on the RG's outlet, the breaker panel, etc.
* HAM radio broadcasts in the HF band
* AM radio transmissions, such as a nearby radio station

Try to isolate any potential source of these problems and see if you can find one that eliminates the interference.

3 of 5 (1,117 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 30, 2013 8:10:44 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thank You SomeJoe for your inputs. Tech is scheduled for tomorrow and i will ask him to check the sources you mentioned.

Thank You SomeJoe for your inputs. Tech is scheduled for tomorrow and i will ask him to check the sources you mentioned.

4 of 5 (1,069 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2013 9:08:20 PM
(0)
Contributor
Did he fix it?
Did he fix it?

5 of 5 (637 Views)