update Virus Signature file

Teacher

update Virus Signature file

can someone please tell me how to update the DAT files?  Virtual Technician will not do that.

Message 1 of 4 (231 Views)

Re: update Virus Signature file

Are you receiving error messages?

What anti-virus program are you using?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 2 of 4 (216 Views)
Teacher

I am using Mcafee Antivirus Elite Plus Edition.  I keep having problems running windows update. I decided to run the Mcafee virtual Technician it said I had three problems but could not fix the corrupt DAT issue.  Also I cannot register the software I had it a while but just now trying to register.  Tried 5 times to register yesterday and kept getting wrong secuity code and password not strong enough.

Message 3 of 4 (198 Views)

blueeyes220 wrote:

I am using Mcafee Antivirus Elite Plus Edition.  I keep having problems running windows update. I decided to run the Mcafee virtual Technician it said I had three problems but could not fix the corrupt DAT issue.  Also I cannot register the software I had it a while but just now trying to register.  Tried 5 times to register yesterday and kept getting wrong secuity code and password not strong enough.

Is this the free Mcafee from AT&T?

It looks as though this is a common problem with Mcafee with no common solution. I've seen complaints about this issue going back at least three years.

I can not remember the number (there's been that many) of infected or crashed computers I've had to remove Mcafee products from because they were basically useless.

My personal and professional suggestion is to uninstall any Mcafee products using the Mcafee removal tool. and replace it with Norton AntiVirus ( not  Norton 360 or Norton Internet Security).

The removal tool can be found here: http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

Here is a link to the founder of the company on removal of Mcafee products. (caution: rated R)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 4 of 4 (189 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.