Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Sep 5, 2013
8:59:38 PM
View profile
slow internet

Hello all.

I've run multiple anti-virus scans in safe mode.   Updated everything.  Cleaned the cache, cookies etc.   and still my internet tests out at no more than 2-9 Mbps.  I'm paying for 18 Mbps, and I've had around 15 Mbps since install about 6 weeks ago.

There was an issue "at the pole" after install that a tech came out and resolved.   Now my internet is slow again.   I've pretty much verified that its not my PC, I think the speed is slow "at the box" outside.   I'm going to call service tomorrow.

Any help/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Gregg.

Hello all.

I've run multiple anti-virus scans in safe mode.   Updated everything.  Cleaned the cache, cookies etc.   and still my internet tests out at no more than 2-9 Mbps.  I'm paying for 18 Mbps, and I've had around 15 Mbps since install about 6 weeks ago.

There was an issue "at the pole" after install that a tech came out and resolved.   Now my internet is slow again.   I've pretty much verified that its not my PC, I think the speed is slow "at the box" outside.   I'm going to call service tomorrow.

Any help/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Gregg.

slow internet

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 12:45:42 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, Gregg!

Are you still experiencing slower internet speeds? If so, please send us a message by clicking here so we can get it sorted out for you. Please include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, Gregg!

Are you still experiencing slower internet speeds? If so, please send us a message by clicking here so we can get it sorted out for you. Please include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: slow internet

2 of 5 (351 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2013 1:50:24 PM
(0)
Contributor

A technician came out yesterday for me. He confirmed that I too far away from the "box" to get the speed of 1.5 Mbs.

I live in Anaheim, CA; a major metropolitan city (e.g., Disneyland, Anaheim Stadium, etc.)

Does anyone working for AT&T read these posts? Do they have any influence regarding upgrade decisions?

I must moved to this apartment so i can't move again.

A technician came out yesterday for me. He confirmed that I too far away from the "box" to get the speed of 1.5 Mbs.

I live in Anaheim, CA; a major metropolitan city (e.g., Disneyland, Anaheim Stadium, etc.)

Does anyone working for AT&T read these posts? Do they have any influence regarding upgrade decisions?

I must moved to this apartment so i can't move again.

3 of 5 (316 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 23, 2013 12:53:10 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, Dippy88!

We certainly do read these boards, and we appreciate feedback from customers like you. Unfortunately, we can't say with any certainty when, or even if, you can expect upgrades in your area.

Should you wish to check your availability in the next few months, simply click on the links below.

DSL Availability

U-verse High Speed Internet Availability

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Hello, Dippy88!

We certainly do read these boards, and we appreciate feedback from customers like you. Unfortunately, we can't say with any certainty when, or even if, you can expect upgrades in your area.

Should you wish to check your availability in the next few months, simply click on the links below.

DSL Availability

U-verse High Speed Internet Availability

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 5 (276 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 25, 2013 4:48:06 PM
(0)
Guru

I had and a coleague currently has your exact issue. He was saddled with the 1.5 mbps and it's like dial up at times. I kept checking (years ago) and uverse finally arrived at my part of the sub. 

He on the other hand is in your position with no uverse and had to drop att dsl for xfinity. Xfinity is so bad he just kept their internet and dropped everything else. Their internet speeds are amazing compared to att just not their t.v. and customer service.

Good luck and keep trying.

I had and a coleague currently has your exact issue. He was saddled with the 1.5 mbps and it's like dial up at times. I kept checking (years ago) and uverse finally arrived at my part of the sub. 

He on the other hand is in your position with no uverse and had to drop att dsl for xfinity. Xfinity is so bad he just kept their internet and dropped everything else. Their internet speeds are amazing compared to att just not their t.v. and customer service.

Good luck and keep trying.

5 of 5 (264 Views)