Helpful Links

roku

Contributor

roku

just got u-verse hooked up.

now my roku can't connect to local network.

i'm pretty dumb about these things.

can anybody help?

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Master

Re: roku

I don't know about Roku but with Netflix, you have to set up the name and password of the modem/RG.

I got a NEW modem and was frustrated when my Netflix wouldn't work until I realized that I needed to change the settings to recognize the new modem.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
Contributor

so i need to change the settings on the roku then?

i use the roku to watch netflix so i'm sure it's the same issue you have....

Message 3 of 8
ACE - Expert

davedeerlick - There is usually a software wizard to connect to a wireless network. It searches for available networks & you select yours & enter the password & it connects.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8
Contributor

yeah, i enter in the password and get nothing.

so i go to the wired option with an ethernet cable.

it then gives me the error message "Can't connect to your local network".

i'll try roku support.

i do appreciate the help though!

Message 5 of 8
ACE - Expert

davedeerlick - Try rebooting the RG & then try connecting. Did you try different jacks on the RG? Or a different patch cord.

Message 6 of 8
Highlighted

I have 2 wireless Roku devices and both work with no issues.  If you have changed your internet provider then the wireless password and settings are different.  Unplug your Roku, wait about 10secs and then plug it back in.  Once it's plugged in, go to the settings, search for wireless and locate your 2wireXXX connection.  Enter in the password that on the side of the RG or router.  After that it should work just fine.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 7 of 8
Mentor

I have an old roku with that issue. Recycling the roku a few times and it would eventually connect. I have a net gear router running dd-wrt behind the 2wire and over the weekend I adjusted the firewall to allow pings and that resolved it. I don't remember the 2wire firewall settings off the top of my head.
Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Announcements

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues, we are here to chat!

Additional Support