Helpful Links

pacbell.net email inactive - how to reactive and access?

Contributor

pacbell.net email inactive - how to reactive and access?

As of about 3 weeks ago, I lost access to my pacbell.net email.  When I tried to log on, it said "user name and password does not match".  I went to try and reset the password, message popped up saying that the account is inactive.

This email account was part of my old DSL, which was cancelled several months ago.

I tried chatting and calling for help, everybody kept pointing me to the freememberid web page, which didn't work for me either.

On talking to customer service, the guy did confirm that he can see the account exists, but appologized that he couldn't help me retrieve any of my old email since he wasn't trained to do that.

Anyway anybody can help me retrieve my old emails and address book would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 6

Re: pacbell.net email inactive - how to reactive and access?

Once the dsl service is inactive , all email associated with the account will be considered as free member ID .You can reset or enable the account  by answering the security questions and sending the temporary email password to the registered alternate email address .

Live customer support is a feature that is not available for att.net Mail users without AT&T High Speed Internet Service, so it is important you keep your account security and contact information up-to-date. We use this information to verify that you are the account holder, should you ever need to make changes to your account, including resetting your password. If you dson't know the answer to those questions, or you don't have a current alternate contact email address on file, you could permanently lose access to your account and have to create a brand new email address.Here's the link below that contains further information with this concern . I hope It helps a lot .

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB413592&cv=804#fbid=dBCLR21R8_j

Message 2 of 6
Contributor

How do I go about resetting the new free member ID/Password?  Is there a special link or suffix I should be using?  Example, do I just go to the regular yahoo page, click on mail and enter "myoldmemberid@att.net" and using my old password?  Please clarify.

Thanks.

nicole_daniels25 wrote:

Once the dsl service is inactive , all email associated with the account will be considered as free member ID .You can reset or enable the account  by answering the security questions and sending the temporary email password to the registered alternate email address .

Live customer support is a feature that is not available for att.net Mail users without AT&T High Speed Internet Service, so it is important you keep your account security and contact information up-to-date. We use this information to verify that you are the account holder, should you ever need to make changes to your account, including resetting your password. If you dson't know the answer to those questions, or you don't have a current alternate contact email address on file, you could permanently lose access to your account and have to create a brand new email address.Here's the link below that contains further information with this concern . I hope It helps a lot .

nicole_daniels25 wrote:

Message 3 of 6
Contributor

My pacbell.net email had been automatically forwarded to my new gmail account (wenglish17@gmail.com).  Last week it ceased to be forwarded.  How may I fix this, or at least read email sent to wenglish@pacbell.net.

Message 4 of 6
Contributor

My pacbell.net account became inactive and I cannot reset the password.  When I go to the page to reset the password, instead of asking me security questions, it refers me to a "contact us" page, but the contact us page does not have an option for personal email.  I have been unable to view my emails for over a week and I don't know what to do.

Message 5 of 6
Community Manager

Hello david_I,

We received you private message and replied. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support