Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Jan 23, 2012
8:22:01 PM
View profile
netgear 7550 xbox connection NAT Error
Edited by TreoWiz on Jan 23, 2012 at 8:24:08 PM

I have two xbox 360's and unfortunately had to replace my 2Wire which worked perfectly with out having to jack with any settings to get them to work. AT&T now only carries the Netgear DSL Gateway Model 7550 when I tried to connect my Xbox up after activating the new router I received a NAT error message (NAT is set to Moderate) so after jacking with the settings I finally got One of them to connect using Port Forwarding using the preset Xbox Live settings TCP/UDP 88 88 88 3074 3074 3074 and keying in the IP address from the Xbox....

My issue now is that I cannot get my sons Xbox to get passed the NAT is set to moderate error message. In Port Forwarding you can not select Xbox Live a second time so I tried to set a custom setting but it will not allow you to use to ports (88,3074) in the same set up you can only use one so I tried to set two customs Xbox Live 1 using (Both) 88 88 88 used that Xbox's IP address and then created Xbox Live 2 (Both) 3074 3074 3074 used the IP address enabled both and still getting the NAT error on his.

I tried to set 88 and 3074 in the Port Triggering and still no luck he can connect to Xbox Live but when he tries to join a game or Party he immediately gets kicked out due to the NAT settings.

Does any one know how I can successfully have both Xbox's connect to this router with out the annoying NAT error message.

I really wish I could just get another 2wire as I did not have these issues !!!!!!

Thanks for any help any one can be  BTW since this is a new modem calling AT&T tech is useless as they have no clue I had to figure out the Port Forwarding on my own......

I have two xbox 360's and unfortunately had to replace my 2Wire which worked perfectly with out having to jack with any settings to get them to work. AT&T now only carries the Netgear DSL Gateway Model 7550 when I tried to connect my Xbox up after activating the new router I received a NAT error message (NAT is set to Moderate) so after jacking with the settings I finally got One of them to connect using Port Forwarding using the preset Xbox Live settings TCP/UDP 88 88 88 3074 3074 3074 and keying in the IP address from the Xbox....

My issue now is that I cannot get my sons Xbox to get passed the NAT is set to moderate error message. In Port Forwarding you can not select Xbox Live a second time so I tried to set a custom setting but it will not allow you to use to ports (88,3074) in the same set up you can only use one so I tried to set two customs Xbox Live 1 using (Both) 88 88 88 used that Xbox's IP address and then created Xbox Live 2 (Both) 3074 3074 3074 used the IP address enabled both and still getting the NAT error on his.

I tried to set 88 and 3074 in the Port Triggering and still no luck he can connect to Xbox Live but when he tries to join a game or Party he immediately gets kicked out due to the NAT settings.

Does any one know how I can successfully have both Xbox's connect to this router with out the annoying NAT error message.

I really wish I could just get another 2wire as I did not have these issues !!!!!!

Thanks for any help any one can be  BTW since this is a new modem calling AT&T tech is useless as they have no clue I had to figure out the Port Forwarding on my own......

netgear 7550 xbox connection NAT Error

[ Edited ]
7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2012 7:18:52 AM
(0)
Teacher

They also have the newer 4111N by Pace and people that have had it, like it.. I do not know many that have it though as they are rolling them out slow at ATT for some reason.. But they have them on the store front, not sure if that helps you any..

They also have the newer 4111N by Pace and people that have had it, like it.. I do not know many that have it though as they are rolling them out slow at ATT for some reason.. But they have them on the store front, not sure if that helps you any..

Re: netgear 7550 xbox connection NAT Error

2 of 8 (14,071 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 15, 2012 3:37:48 PM
(0)
Contributor

Did you ever firgure this problem out? I am having the same one

Did you ever firgure this problem out? I am having the same one

3 of 8 (12,715 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2012 6:31:13 PM
(0)
Contributor

Clone MAc address in xbox network settings to match. Then setup port forwarding by mac address not ip.

Clone MAc address in xbox network settings to match. Then setup port forwarding by mac address not ip.

4 of 8 (12,530 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 26, 2012 3:49:21 PM
(0)
Contributor

AT&T has blocked the features of the Netgear. To fix this problem, go to your Netgear configuration, choose advanced then port forwarding. There is a drop down menu for XBOX Live and several other programs. Enter in the IP of the XBOX and hit enable. You should be able to test  XBOX Live connection sucessfully. The AT&T support are not helpful and give you old links that do not help since they have reconfigured their routers.

Similar fix:

http://www.askmefast.com/How_do_I_open_my_Nat_settings_on_my_netgear_7550_from_ATT-qna2310791.html#q...

AT&T has blocked the features of the Netgear. To fix this problem, go to your Netgear configuration, choose advanced then port forwarding. There is a drop down menu for XBOX Live and several other programs. Enter in the IP of the XBOX and hit enable. You should be able to test  XBOX Live connection sucessfully. The AT&T support are not helpful and give you old links that do not help since they have reconfigured their routers.

Similar fix:

http://www.askmefast.com/How_do_I_open_my_Nat_settings_on_my_netgear_7550_from_ATT-qna2310791.html#q2477806

5 of 8 (11,074 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2013 7:46:21 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Phil-101 on Apr 1, 2013 at 9:27:10 PM

Ok guys ive went out of my way to make this account so i can tell you what your problem is....sadly its quite simply actually. STEP 1. GO TO ADVANCED SETTINGS. STEP 2. CLICK STATISTICS. STEP 3. THE IP IS LOCATED IN THE DEVICES ON LAN BOX (WILL BE A BLANK BOX WITH A IP IN IT.) CLICK THAT IP AND COPY IT STEP 4. BACK OUT OF STATISTICS GO TO CONNECTION CONFIGURATION. STEP 5. CLICK DROPPED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE STEP 6. CHANGE IT TO STATIC IP STEP 7. PASTE THE XBOX IP IN THE BOX ON THE RIGHT. STEP 8. BACK OUT GO TO THE CONNECTION INFORMATION WHICH IS A BLUE BOX AT THE TOP OF THE MAIN PAGE RIGHT BELOW THE LOGIN BLUE BOX. STEP 9. CLICK THE RESTART AT THE TOP RIGHT OF THE PAGE. STEP 10. TURN ON YOUR XBOX RUN A TEST AND NOW YOU WILL SEE YOU HAVE A OPEN NAT!!!!!!!!! I DID IT LIKE 20 MINUTES AGO AND HAVE BEEN TRYING TO DO IT FOR LIKE 3 MONTHS WHEN I DIDNT SEE THE OH YOU HAVE A MODERATE NAT CONSULT YOUR MODEM MANUEL....IT DOESNT HAVE A MANUEL!!!!!!! YEAH  PEACE!

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Ok guys ive went out of my way to make this account so i can tell you what your problem is....sadly its quite simply actually. STEP 1. GO TO ADVANCED SETTINGS. STEP 2. CLICK STATISTICS. STEP 3. THE IP IS LOCATED IN THE DEVICES ON LAN BOX (WILL BE A BLANK BOX WITH A IP IN IT.) CLICK THAT IP AND COPY IT STEP 4. BACK OUT OF STATISTICS GO TO CONNECTION CONFIGURATION. STEP 5. CLICK DROPPED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE STEP 6. CHANGE IT TO STATIC IP STEP 7. PASTE THE XBOX IP IN THE BOX ON THE RIGHT. STEP 8. BACK OUT GO TO THE CONNECTION INFORMATION WHICH IS A BLUE BOX AT THE TOP OF THE MAIN PAGE RIGHT BELOW THE LOGIN BLUE BOX. STEP 9. CLICK THE RESTART AT THE TOP RIGHT OF THE PAGE. STEP 10. TURN ON YOUR XBOX RUN A TEST AND NOW YOU WILL SEE YOU HAVE A OPEN NAT!!!!!!!!! I DID IT LIKE 20 MINUTES AGO AND HAVE BEEN TRYING TO DO IT FOR LIKE 3 MONTHS WHEN I DIDNT SEE THE OH YOU HAVE A MODERATE NAT CONSULT YOUR MODEM MANUEL....IT DOESNT HAVE A MANUEL!!!!!!! YEAH  PEACE!

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

[ Edited ]
6 of 8 (10,037 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2013 7:48:31 PM
(0)
Tutor

FORGET TO ADD TO WHEN YOU ENTER YOUR IP IN THE BOX AFTER YOU SELECT STATIC IP ON THE LEFT THERE IS A BOX CHOOSE THE BLANK ENTRY YOU WILL SEE YOUR COMPUTER AND SOMETHING ELSE WITH LETTERING THEN THERE WILL BE A BLANK ONE THAT IS YOUR XBOX MAKE SURE TO CLICK THAT BEFORE SAVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

FORGET TO ADD TO WHEN YOU ENTER YOUR IP IN THE BOX AFTER YOU SELECT STATIC IP ON THE LEFT THERE IS A BOX CHOOSE THE BLANK ENTRY YOU WILL SEE YOUR COMPUTER AND SOMETHING ELSE WITH LETTERING THEN THERE WILL BE A BLANK ONE THAT IS YOUR XBOX MAKE SURE TO CLICK THAT BEFORE SAVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

7 of 8 (10,036 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 3:00:02 AM
(0)
Contributor

Yeah!!

Netgear 7550 is a POJ, I've ever seen. Everybody is struggling with port forwarding and ATT or Netgear have no answer about it.

Basically, it does not allow assign a device into custom port forwarding by IP address. You should give a host name but most of time it's blank. (Some guys selected this blank and succeeded). If you put the IP address of your device, it changed by the router into something else.

The only way to do it is using Netgear 7550 as an ADSL modem only (IP pass through / Diable router and WiFi) and buy a good WiFi router instead of using a piece of junk.

Yeah!!

Netgear 7550 is a POJ, I've ever seen. Everybody is struggling with port forwarding and ATT or Netgear have no answer about it.

Basically, it does not allow assign a device into custom port forwarding by IP address. You should give a host name but most of time it's blank. (Some guys selected this blank and succeeded). If you put the IP address of your device, it changed by the router into something else.

The only way to do it is using Netgear 7550 as an ADSL modem only (IP pass through / Diable router and WiFi) and buy a good WiFi router instead of using a piece of junk.

8 of 8 (7,900 Views)