Helpful Links

netgear 7550 power and broadband and service light blink red

Contributor

netgear 7550 power and broadband and service light blink red

so i just got this router modem combo a day ago and i had it set up and i was looking through the settings and i saw manuel update so i clicked that and it started to update it and my sister unplugs it to plug in her phone and then i plugged it back in and the power light blinks red and the broadband blinks red and sevice light blinks red the wireless and wps blinks green. ive held the reset button for over 10 mins ive left it of for hours and no luck if anyone can help id appriciate it. thank you

Message 1 of 2
Community Manager

Re: netgear 7550 power and broadband and service light blink red

It's possible that something got corrupted when an update was interrupted. This is from Netgear:

To restore the factory default configuration settings without knowing the administration password or IP address, you must use the Default Reset button on the rear panel of the router.

1. Press and hold the Default Reset button until the power light blinks on (about 10 seconds).
2. Release the Default Reset button and wait for the router to reboot.

If the router fails to restart or the power light continues to blink or turns solid amber, the unit may be defective. If the error persists, you might have a hardware problem and should contact technical support.

Their support site is here: http://support.netgear.com/

Is your router still covered by the warranty?

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues, we are here to chat!

Additional Support