my NAT type is STRICT on XBOX Live

Highlighted
Former Moderator

Re: my NAT type is STRICT on XBOX Live

Hello Castrilb,

Please accept my sincerest apology for the inconvenience you are experiencing. If your XBOX is connected to your PC and you have your PC connected to the modem, then you just have to choose "My PC" from the list of devices in the IP Passthrough page.

If you have your XBOX directly connected to the modem please follow the steps below:

1. Place your modem to bridge mode. Here's the link on how to bridge the modem: : http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401538

2. To directly connect your hardware:

3. Turn off your devices (Xbox console, BellSouth DSL modem, and, if you have one, your PC) before connecting any cables. 4. You must disconnect your modem from its power source to turn it off.

5. If the PC NIC is already connected to the modem, disconnect the Ethernet cable from the PC NIC.

6. Connect the Ethernet out port on the modem to the Ethernet port on the back of the Xbox console using the Ethernet cable. 7. Turn on your modem.

8. Turn on your Xbox console, with no disc in the disc tray.

9. From the Xbox Dashboard, choose Settings, and then Network Settings.

10. Configure your Xbox console to use PPPoE settings provided by BellSouth.

11. When entering your BellSouth Userid, be sure to include @bellsouth.net after your Userid.

Please be informed though, that you will be connecting to the internet through the built in PPPoE of the device (PC or XBOX) that is connected to the modem. Therefore, if you want to use your PC to connect to the internet, you need to create a broadband connection and log in your username and password using it. Here's the link on how to create a broadband connection: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401518

Please keep in touch with our Technical Support Helpdesk if the steps won't solve your issue. Thank you for choosing AT&T Internet Services where we value your business

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 16 of 23
Tutor

To bridge my modem do i have to connect my laptop? And if i do i have a mac laptop i dont know if it will still work and the instructions that u gave me are for the motorola 2210-02 i have the motorola 2210-01.

Message 17 of 23
Former Moderator

Hi Castrilb,

I apologize again for this inconvenience that it is causing you. You need to connect your laptop to your motorola modem for you to be able to set it to bridge mode. Since you have a Motolora modem 2210-01, please follow the steps below on how to bridge your modem:

-Verify that the modem is directly connected to the computer.

-Surf into the 2210 via  http://192.168.1.254

-Click on the Broadband DSL Line tab.

-Click the Configure Connection button.

-Choose Bridged Ethernet from the Protocol drop-down menu.

-Click the Save and Restart Connection button.

-Click the Restart Device button.

-Click the Yes, Restart Device button.

NOTE: You will see the interface of the modem if you had successfully bridged the modem

Once you had successfully bridge the modem, you need to create a PPPoE connection in your computer. For your information, Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet (PPPoE) is a network protocol for encapsulating Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) frames inside Ethernet frames. It is used mainly with DSL services where individual users connect to the DSL modem over Ethernet and in plain Metro Ethernet networks.

If incase this will be your first time to create a PPPoE connection, please refer to link for instructions,

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401518

After creating the PPPoE connection, then you need to connect your XBOX directly to your computer. Please follow the steps below:

-Connect the Ethernet out port on the modem to the Ethernet port on the back of the Xbox console using the Ethernet cable.

-Turn on your modem.

-Turn on your Xbox console, with no disc in the disc tray.

-From the Xbox Dashboard, choose Settings, and then Network Settings.

-Configure your Xbox console to use PPPoE settings provided by BellSouth.

-When entering your BellSouth Userid, be sure to include @bellsouth.net after your Userid.

Your settings are now used to connect to Xbox Live.

Progress is displayed on the Connect Status screen.

If the last item is "Connected to Xbox Live," congratulations!

You are connected to Xbox Live.

Should you need further help regarding your post, please feel free to reply on this thread or you may call our Technical Support Helpdesk.

You may reach them at 1 888 321 2375 if you are from these states - KY, TN, NC, SC, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL; and 1 877 722 3755 if you are located in CA, NV, KS, MO, OK, AR, TX, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH, CT.

Thank you for choosing AT&T Internet Services where we value your business.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Message 18 of 23
Tutor

i have an apple computer

Message 19 of 23
Contributor

I am having the same problem. i have a Linksys E1200 router, playing with a wireless connection. I cpntacted Xbox LIVE support but nothing worked and told me to seek help from my ISP. Any suggestions? Thanks. Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 23
Contributor

My Nat type is strict too

I have a Linksys E1200 and when i had my old modem it was always open

and everyone could join me

Message 21 of 23
Contributor

Yeah I am having the same issues. When I test my xbox live connection, it tells me that my NAT is strict or moderate. It's never open and it tells me to reset my router. I do that and it gives me the same error message but instead of telling me to reset it. It tells me to enable my UPnP, or open port 3074, and I have no clue how to do that. I have a NETGEAR router im not exactly sure what style or whatever but we got it in 2012 so if you could please help me so I can actually connect and play with my friends in XBOX pleaseee!! Thank you.
Message 22 of 23
Contributor

Im having the same problem as everyone else but im using the I38HG Router. My xbox is connected through wireless. I coouldnt find a fix for this type of router but I tried this link: https://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/How-to-fix-xbox-nat-type/td-p/3557063#.UvQWsfldWSp and it still didnt work.( I knew it was for a different router but thought I would try it.) It didnt used to be strict but last month it wouldnt connect to matches or partys. I thought it was just a connection problem so I stayed off XBOX hoping it would change back but it didnt. Please Help!! Thanks.

Message 23 of 23
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Additional Support