Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Re: email constantly needs to be logged in again and again and again.......

email constantly needs to be logged in again and again and again.......

087629e.jpgAfter being logged into my email after 1-2 minutes, I have to re-enter my log in again and again and again.....

Can anyone help me?  I would like to stay in my email until I log out!

Thank you,

{Personal content removed for your safety}

Message 1 of 6
Community Manager

Hello @simplyjudi 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for posting!

How are you accessing your email? Are you using a mail client application on your computer or a web browser, and if so, which one?

If you're using a browser, on your login screen, do you have an option to keep signed in like this:

signin.JPG

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted

Yes I have that option of logging in for 2 wks, but it does not work.  Not sure what you mean "abt accessing your email", "mail client application".   My email is AT&T/Yahoo, if this helps.

Thank you Dmitriy for responding to my dilemma.

Judi

Message 3 of 6
Community Manager

We'll figure it out Judi! What web browser are you using? Internet Explorer, Fire Fox, Chrome, Safari, Opera or anything else? And do you know what version of it do you have?

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 6

Internet Exployer Win 8 or 8.1..I tried an upgrade for 8.1, but not?sure it completed, I interrupted but it might have been too late.

Judi
Message 5 of 6
Community Manager

Hello Judi, many browser related issues can be fixed by clearing your browser's cache and cookies (pages, links, properties and behaviors stored by the web site on your computer). Yahoo's own support article (Link) says that it should be done to troubleshoot sign in issues, including not being able to stay signed in. Please note that clearing cache and cookies will most likely make you reenter any passwords and re sigh in to your other services, also some pages might appear to load a little bit slower for the first time because they will be reloading and caching many components from the Internet instead of using local files.

Here is a basic step by step tuttorial for Windows 8 Metro Interface (it can also be done from a Desktop version of Internet Explorer):

Windows 8

1. Open the Start screen and open the Charm bar by moving your cursor to the upper right corner of the screen or pressing the Windows + C keys.
  2. Click on the Search button.
  3. When the Apps screen opens, hit Esc to close the Charm bar. Open the Control Panel, found in the Windows System section.
  4. Click on Internet Options.
  5. In the General tab, click the Delete button. This will open the Delete Browsing History window.
  6. Check off each item you would like to clear, then click Delete.

Hopefully this fixes it.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Message 6 of 6
Share this topic
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you having trouble logging in? Is your email password not working? Let us show you how to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T!

Additional Support