Ask a question

Posted Mar 21, 2013
    8:06:41 AM
    attach document to e mail

All my attachments were attaching to the e mail before the new and improved platform was launched. 

Not able to attach anything since.  I need to send an attachment. Help!

attach document to e mail

33 replies
    (4) Me too
    (4) Me too
    View all replies
    (33)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 4, 2013 9:08:12 AM
    (0)

verna bell,

Have you been able to resolve this attachment issue? If not what OS are you using and which email program?

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: attach document to e mail

2 of 34 (2,590 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 5, 2013 9:32:50 AM
    (0)
    Contributor
    I am having same issue win 7 64 trying to send with att.net webmail

3 of 34 (2,577 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 9, 2013 4:01:20 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

This too started happening to me sometime in the last week or so.  I am running Vista and using Chrome for a browser. I can forward emails with attachments, but can't attach new documents.  I did install the "Attach" plug-in (drag & drop) thingy a long while back.  It worked until recently.  Now I can't attach anything.  I can work around it by sending me the attachment via gmail, but this is clunky and inconvenient.  I'd love a resolution!

4 of 34 (2,552 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 9, 2013 4:16:04 PM
    (0)
    Teacher

I'm having the same problem using Windows 7 and the latest Firefox program.  You can attach things by hitting "try again" and then "switch" but it's a major pain.  This started happening to me a couple of weeks ago then everything was working as normal and then it started again.

TIA for getting this fixed.

5 of 34 (2,551 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 9, 2013 4:31:06 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

Not seeing a "switch"  Try again still doesn't work for me.  Smiley Sad

6 of 34 (2,547 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 9, 2013 5:43:28 PM
    (0)
    Teacher

Are using the new ATT/Yahoo mail?

You need to try and attach a document first.  Then after you get the error saying "file(s) can't be sent" then click "try again" a new window will pop up apologizing giving you the option of "cancel" "retry & "switch". Click switch and then go back and attach.  This has been working for me.  MAJOR PIA and I really hope this is fixed soon.

Hope this helps.

7 of 34 (2,536 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 9, 2013 6:15:56 PM
    (0)
    Tutor
    Edited by Phil-101 on Apr 9, 2013 at 7:33:21 PM

Fabulous, ubsbob!  

I was using Try Again on the document icon and not in the control line above it.  The one above does perform as you describe.  And yes it is a **, but better than what I've been doing which required more work.  And yes I'm using the new mail.

Thanks again!

-EBP-

[word filter avoidance]

[ Edited ]
    8 of 34 (2,532 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 10, 2013 4:46:04 PM
    (0)
    Teacher
    You're welcome and my fingers are crossed this gets fixed sooner than later. Smiley Wink

10 of 34 (2,517 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 11, 2013 9:23:08 AM
    (0)
    Tutor

Same problem here. For the last couple or three days, clicking the Attach link at the bottom of the new message window and selecting a file returns a "file can't be sent" message (in red). If I then click "Try again", "Switch" and "Attach" at the top of the message window, I can successfully attach the file. It's been my experience that this glitch happens periodically. It doesn't work properly for a little while (a few days, maybe a week or so) and then all of the sudden it's back to working normally again. Since I know the work around, it's not that big of a problem for me. It's just an annoyance.

11 of 34 (2,510 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 10, 2013 10:00:56 AM
    (0)

poppy55,

Hello and welcome to the forum, I hope this isn't a work around but I did find an article that explains an ATT.net mail attachment tool.

Composing and Sending Email Messages with attachments

After you attach your file do you receive a message that you have successfully attached your files?

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Can attach documents using att.net Classic but not when using New att.net

9 of 34 (2,530 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 11, 2013 11:03:08 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

All of a sudden My Mac won't let me attach a file to my mail.  As of 4-10-13 it just says error can't load file.  it worked before yesterday. Tried it in classic mail also won't work.  

Attaching files

12 of 34 (2,521 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 12, 2013 7:33:46 AM
    (0)

This issue had been reported and is being worked on now, we apologize for any inconvenience that this issue has caused and will be resolved as soon as possible, thank you for your patience.

James

Re: Attaching files

13 of 34 (2,488 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 15, 2013 8:54:47 AM
    (0)
    Teacher

Thanks James.  Any idea when it will be working properly again?

Re: Attaching files

14 of 34 (2,452 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 18, 2013 5:15:34 AM
    (0)
    Tutor

I have the same issue. Cannot attach files to emails. Goes in an infinite loop. Why install products when they have not been tested for such basic things?

15 of 34 (2,421 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 21, 2013 1:21:44 PM
    (0)
    Contributor
    Same problem here. Using the new mail and when I try to attach either a PDF document or a picture, it just sits there with the circle going round and round. Never attaches.

16 of 34 (2,379 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 21, 2013 1:23:54 PM
    (0)
    Contributor
    Forgot to say that I am using IE 10 on PC.

17 of 34 (2,378 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 22, 2013 4:14:30 AM
    (0)
    Tutor

To whom it may concern at AT&T:

It is a shame that in the revamped ATT web mail, one cannot attach any files to email. Any ides on how to fix this problem?

18 of 34 (2,368 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 22, 2013 4:15:30 AM
    (0)
    Tutor
    ATT_James:

No such luck. The problem persists.

19 of 34 (2,368 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 22, 2013 2:02:17 PM
    (0)
    Teacher
    I think they have just given up. Between this and I am having major issues sending an receiving e-mail from my own companies domain. Somebody contacted me via e-mail but I haven't back now. I'm going on vacation a week from today. If it isn't fixed when I get back, I'm unfortunately going to have to make a change.

20 of 34 (2,355 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 23, 2013 2:15:20 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

Switching Email to classic mode is another way to attach files, but you have to compose in classic mode as well.

Also, I found there is no <send> button visible after you attach the files. I double-click <attach> to get back to a window with a visible <send> button.

21 of 34 (2,338 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 26, 2013 7:52:50 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

I also have been unable to attach files for a few weeks. I'm on a MacBook Pro using Safari 6.0.3. I tried to solve this via online chat with AT&T twice, but both times was cut off from them — one time they rebooted my U-verse and cut me off. I tried Classic mode but still can't attach in Safari. However, I can attach files in Chrome if I use Classic mode. This is unacceptable.

22 of 34 (2,296 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 26, 2013 11:12:50 AM
    (0)
    Teacher

4 weeks and counting.  Incredible.

23 of 34 (2,288 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Apr 29, 2013 9:11:32 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

BY JOVE, I THINK THEY'VE GOT IT!

24 of 34 (2,236 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    May 5, 2013 5:55:11 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

I am having the same problem I could attach a file to a outgoing email , a few  weeks ago, when using " All-New-Mail" but now I can't. I found out that if I switched back to "Mail Classic" I could send email with a attachment. I would prefer to use "All-New-Mail"

25 of 34 (2,153 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    May 5, 2013 5:57:19 PM
    (0)
    Tutor

I had that problem so switched back to  Mail Classic and could send attachments but not with "ALL-New-Mail"

26 of 34 (2,152 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 2, 2013 4:25:03 PM
    (0)
    Contributor

I still can't attach an iPhoto pic to an ATT/Yahoo mail on Safari ... it says"invalid file type specified."  Then when i go to the Apple Mail system it works beautifully. 

It is difficult to leave the ATT system when it has worked so well for so many years... but, apparently I have no choice????

27 of 34 (1,921 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 7, 2013 6:08:46 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

I've been unable to attach files to emails in the new at&t UI since first trying it last week. Same problem in IE and Firefox, although it plays out a little differently in each. My OS is Win XP.  Attach capability is OK in the old UI.

I called at&t techconnect last night, not remembering that support is pay to play. The rep told me that at&t standard support wouldn't fix this because it's a browser setting problem. Standard support only attends to installation and password problems. To my mind, if it works in old UI but not in new UI, that's an at&t develpment and QA problem that should be attended by product support.

It's disappointing and negligent performance by at&t all around.

28 of 34 (1,892 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 7, 2013 2:14:49 PM
    (0)
    Teacher

I agree.  Personally, I'm sending this every time report a problem pops up:

"

Attaching files in the regular way has been broken for almost 2 months now.  Since then you have had to try and attach a file, get an error, then hit “try again” then “switch” then it will work.

There is a whole thread here:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Email-Internet-Security/attach-document-to-e-mail/td-p/3455171"

Maybe if we all send this multiple times a day they will finally fix it? 

29 of 34 (1,875 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jun 14, 2013 7:42:29 AM
    (0)
    Teacher

Thank you for finally getting everything fixed!

Bob

30 of 34 (1,794 Views)