attach document to e mail

Contributor

Re: attach document to e mail

Same problem here. Using the new mail and when I try to attach either a PDF document or a picture, it just sits there with the circle going round and round. Never attaches.
Message 16 of 34 (2,920 Views)
Contributor

Forgot to say that I am using IE 10 on PC.
Message 17 of 34 (2,919 Views)
Tutor

To whom it may concern at AT&T:

It is a shame that in the revamped ATT web mail, one cannot attach any files to email. Any ides on how to fix this problem?

Message 18 of 34 (2,909 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

ATT_James:

No such luck. The problem persists.
Message 19 of 34 (2,909 Views)
Teacher

I think they have just given up. Between this and I am having major issues sending an receiving e-mail from my own companies domain. Somebody contacted me via e-mail but I haven't back now. I'm going on vacation a week from today. If it isn't fixed when I get back, I'm unfortunately going to have to make a change.
Message 20 of 34 (2,896 Views)
Contributor

Switching Email to classic mode is another way to attach files, but you have to compose in classic mode as well.

Also, I found there is no <send> button visible after you attach the files. I double-click <attach> to get back to a window with a visible <send> button.

Message 21 of 34 (2,879 Views)
Contributor

I also have been unable to attach files for a few weeks. I'm on a MacBook Pro using Safari 6.0.3. I tried to solve this via online chat with AT&T twice, but both times was cut off from them — one time they rebooted my U-verse and cut me off. I tried Classic mode but still can't attach in Safari. However, I can attach files in Chrome if I use Classic mode. This is unacceptable.

Message 22 of 34 (2,837 Views)
Teacher

4 weeks and counting.  Incredible.

Message 23 of 34 (2,829 Views)
Contributor

BY JOVE, I THINK THEY'VE GOT IT!

Message 24 of 34 (2,777 Views)
Tutor

I am having the same problem I could attach a file to a outgoing email , a few  weeks ago, when using " All-New-Mail" but now I can't. I found out that if I switched back to "Mail Classic" I could send email with a attachment. I would prefer to use "All-New-Mail"

Message 25 of 34 (2,694 Views)
Tutor

I had that problem so switched back to  Mail Classic and could send attachments but not with "ALL-New-Mail"

Message 26 of 34 (2,693 Views)
Contributor

I still can't attach an iPhoto pic to an ATT/Yahoo mail on Safari ... it says"invalid file type specified."  Then when i go to the Apple Mail system it works beautifully. 

It is difficult to leave the ATT system when it has worked so well for so many years... but, apparently I have no choice????

Message 27 of 34 (2,462 Views)
Contributor

I've been unable to attach files to emails in the new at&t UI since first trying it last week. Same problem in IE and Firefox, although it plays out a little differently in each. My OS is Win XP.  Attach capability is OK in the old UI.

I called at&t techconnect last night, not remembering that support is pay to play. The rep told me that at&t standard support wouldn't fix this because it's a browser setting problem. Standard support only attends to installation and password problems. To my mind, if it works in old UI but not in new UI, that's an at&t develpment and QA problem that should be attended by product support.

It's disappointing and negligent performance by at&t all around.

Message 28 of 34 (2,433 Views)
Teacher

I agree.  Personally, I'm sending this every time report a problem pops up:

"

Attaching files in the regular way has been broken for almost 2 months now.  Since then you have had to try and attach a file, get an error, then hit “try again” then “switch” then it will work.

There is a whole thread here:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Email-Internet-Security/attach-document-to-e-mail/td-p/3455171"

Maybe if we all send this multiple times a day they will finally fix it? 

Message 29 of 34 (2,416 Views)
Teacher

Thank you for finally getting everything fixed!

Bob

Message 30 of 34 (2,335 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.