attach document to e mail

Contributor

Re: attach document to e mail

Same problem here. Using the new mail and when I try to attach either a PDF document or a picture, it just sits there with the circle going round and round. Never attaches.
Message 16 of 34
Highlighted
Contributor

Forgot to say that I am using IE 10 on PC.
Message 17 of 34
Tutor

To whom it may concern at AT&T:

It is a shame that in the revamped ATT web mail, one cannot attach any files to email. Any ides on how to fix this problem?

Message 18 of 34
Tutor

ATT_James:

No such luck. The problem persists.
Message 19 of 34
Teacher

I think they have just given up. Between this and I am having major issues sending an receiving e-mail from my own companies domain. Somebody contacted me via e-mail but I haven't back now. I'm going on vacation a week from today. If it isn't fixed when I get back, I'm unfortunately going to have to make a change.
Message 20 of 34
Contributor

Switching Email to classic mode is another way to attach files, but you have to compose in classic mode as well.

Also, I found there is no <send> button visible after you attach the files. I double-click <attach> to get back to a window with a visible <send> button.

Message 21 of 34
Contributor

I also have been unable to attach files for a few weeks. I'm on a MacBook Pro using Safari 6.0.3. I tried to solve this via online chat with AT&T twice, but both times was cut off from them — one time they rebooted my U-verse and cut me off. I tried Classic mode but still can't attach in Safari. However, I can attach files in Chrome if I use Classic mode. This is unacceptable.

Message 22 of 34
Teacher

4 weeks and counting.  Incredible.

Message 23 of 34
Contributor

BY JOVE, I THINK THEY'VE GOT IT!

Message 24 of 34
Tutor

I am having the same problem I could attach a file to a outgoing email , a few  weeks ago, when using " All-New-Mail" but now I can't. I found out that if I switched back to "Mail Classic" I could send email with a attachment. I would prefer to use "All-New-Mail"

Message 25 of 34
Tutor

I had that problem so switched back to  Mail Classic and could send attachments but not with "ALL-New-Mail"

Message 26 of 34
Contributor

I still can't attach an iPhoto pic to an ATT/Yahoo mail on Safari ... it says"invalid file type specified."  Then when i go to the Apple Mail system it works beautifully. 

It is difficult to leave the ATT system when it has worked so well for so many years... but, apparently I have no choice????

Message 27 of 34
Contributor

I've been unable to attach files to emails in the new at&t UI since first trying it last week. Same problem in IE and Firefox, although it plays out a little differently in each. My OS is Win XP.  Attach capability is OK in the old UI.

I called at&t techconnect last night, not remembering that support is pay to play. The rep told me that at&t standard support wouldn't fix this because it's a browser setting problem. Standard support only attends to installation and password problems. To my mind, if it works in old UI but not in new UI, that's an at&t develpment and QA problem that should be attended by product support.

It's disappointing and negligent performance by at&t all around.

Message 28 of 34
Teacher

I agree.  Personally, I'm sending this every time report a problem pops up:

"

Attaching files in the regular way has been broken for almost 2 months now.  Since then you have had to try and attach a file, get an error, then hit “try again” then “switch” then it will work.

There is a whole thread here:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Email-Internet-Security/attach-document-to-e-mail/td-p/3455171"

Maybe if we all send this multiple times a day they will finally fix it? 

Message 29 of 34
Teacher

Thank you for finally getting everything fixed!

Bob

Message 30 of 34
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Additional Support