attach document to e mail

attach document to e mail

All my attachments were attaching to the e mail before the new and improved platform was launched. 

Not able to attach anything since.  I need to send an attachment. Help!

Message 1 of 34 (3,234 Views)
Former Moderator

Re: attach document to e mail

verna bell,

Have you been able to resolve this attachment issue? If not what OS are you using and which email program?

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 34 (3,145 Views)
Contributor

I am having same issue win 7 64 trying to send with att.net webmail
Message 3 of 34 (3,132 Views)
Tutor

This too started happening to me sometime in the last week or so.  I am running Vista and using Chrome for a browser. I can forward emails with attachments, but can't attach new documents.  I did install the "Attach" plug-in (drag & drop) thingy a long while back.  It worked until recently.  Now I can't attach anything.  I can work around it by sending me the attachment via gmail, but this is clunky and inconvenient.  I'd love a resolution!

Message 4 of 34 (3,107 Views)
Teacher

I'm having the same problem using Windows 7 and the latest Firefox program.  You can attach things by hitting "try again" and then "switch" but it's a major pain.  This started happening to me a couple of weeks ago then everything was working as normal and then it started again.

TIA for getting this fixed.

Message 5 of 34 (3,106 Views)
Tutor

Not seeing a "switch"  Try again still doesn't work for me.  Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 34 (3,102 Views)
Teacher

Are using the new ATT/Yahoo mail?

You need to try and attach a document first.  Then after you get the error saying "file(s) can't be sent" then click "try again" a new window will pop up apologizing giving you the option of "cancel" "retry & "switch". Click switch and then go back and attach.  This has been working for me.  MAJOR PIA and I really hope this is fixed soon.

Hope this helps.

Message 7 of 34 (3,091 Views)
Tutor

[ Edited ]

Fabulous, ubsbob!  

I was using Try Again on the document icon and not in the control line above it.  The one above does perform as you describe.  And yes it is a **, but better than what I've been doing which required more work.  And yes I'm using the new mail.

Thanks again!

-EBP-

[word filter avoidance]

Message 8 of 34 (3,087 Views)
Teacher

You're welcome and my fingers are crossed this gets fixed sooner than later. Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 34 (3,072 Views)

Same problem here. For the last couple or three days, clicking the Attach link at the bottom of the new message window and selecting a file returns a "file can't be sent" message (in red). If I then click "Try again", "Switch" and "Attach" at the top of the message window, I can successfully attach the file. It's been my experience that this glitch happens periodically. It doesn't work properly for a little while (a few days, maybe a week or so) and then all of the sudden it's back to working normally again. Since I know the work around, it's not that big of a problem for me. It's just an annoyance.

Message 11 of 34 (3,065 Views)
Former Moderator

Re: Can attach documents using att.net Classic but not when using New att.net

poppy55,

Hello and welcome to the forum, I hope this isn't a work around but I did find an article that explains an ATT.net mail attachment tool.

Composing and Sending Email Messages with attachments

After you attach your file do you receive a message that you have successfully attached your files?

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 9 of 34 (3,085 Views)
Contributor

Attaching files

All of a sudden My Mac won't let me attach a file to my mail.  As of 4-10-13 it just says error can't load file.  it worked before yesterday. Tried it in classic mail also won't work.  

Message 12 of 34 (3,076 Views)
Former Moderator

Re: Attaching files

This issue had been reported and is being worked on now, we apologize for any inconvenience that this issue has caused and will be resolved as soon as possible, thank you for your patience.

James

Message 13 of 34 (3,043 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Re: Attaching files

Thanks James.  Any idea when it will be working properly again?

Message 14 of 34 (3,007 Views)
Tutor

I have the same issue. Cannot attach files to emails. Goes in an infinite loop. Why install products when they have not been tested for such basic things?

Message 15 of 34 (2,976 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.