Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Jul 7, 2013
6:28:35 PM
View profile
With new webmail, how do I check for mail from external mail accounts, like Gmail?

I just got converted to the new AT&T mail (no choice, or I wouldn't have) and now I can't figure out how to check mail for my external accounts, like Gmail. They are still defined under "Mail Options" --> "Mail Accounts".

External accounts used to appear on the left above the regular AT&T Yahoo inbox, drafts, sent, and other folders.

Some mail from an external mail box did appear in my inbox, but I'm not sure how that happened. I know there is mail in some of my external accounts and just doing the regular mail check with the little circular arrow (refresh?) doesn't seem to get them. Help!!

I just got converted to the new AT&T mail (no choice, or I wouldn't have) and now I can't figure out how to check mail for my external accounts, like Gmail. They are still defined under "Mail Options" --> "Mail Accounts".

External accounts used to appear on the left above the regular AT&T Yahoo inbox, drafts, sent, and other folders.

Some mail from an external mail box did appear in my inbox, but I'm not sure how that happened. I know there is mail in some of my external accounts and just doing the regular mail check with the little circular arrow (refresh?) doesn't seem to get them. Help!!

With new webmail, how do I check for mail from external mail accounts, like Gmail?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2013 10:49:16 AM
(0)
Scholar

I think it is collected when you click the circular arrow next to "Inbox" (hover over Inbox label to see it).   I find this unsatisfactory because I can't pick and choose which external account I want to check.

And the actual function is still messed up:  it shows the date/time you pull it into the Inbox, not the actual date/time the message was sent.  It is also still duplicating messages when you check multiple times.   Apparently the focus in this makeover was on appearance rather than function.

Athena

I think it is collected when you click the circular arrow next to "Inbox" (hover over Inbox label to see it).   I find this unsatisfactory because I can't pick and choose which external account I want to check.

And the actual function is still messed up:  it shows the date/time you pull it into the Inbox, not the actual date/time the message was sent.  It is also still duplicating messages when you check multiple times.   Apparently the focus in this makeover was on appearance rather than function.

Athena

Re: With new webmail, how do I check for mail from external mail accounts, like Gmail?

2 of 3 (180 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 13, 2013 10:15:05 AM
(0)
Contributor
My external email no longer works, password doesn't get saved in options, very frustrating, I hope ATT fixes this! I don't get any of my external email even in my inbox, in fact I've been finding it in the TRASH!
My external email no longer works, password doesn't get saved in options, very frustrating, I hope ATT fixes this! I don't get any of my external email even in my inbox, in fact I've been finding it in the TRASH!

Re: With new webmail, how do I check for mail from external mail accounts, like Gmail?

3 of 3 (155 Views)