With new webmail, how do I check for mail from external mail accounts, like Gmail?

Highlighted
Contributor

With new webmail, how do I check for mail from external mail accounts, like Gmail?

I just got converted to the new AT&T mail (no choice, or I wouldn't have) and now I can't figure out how to check mail for my external accounts, like Gmail. They are still defined under "Mail Options" --> "Mail Accounts".

External accounts used to appear on the left above the regular AT&T Yahoo inbox, drafts, sent, and other folders.

Some mail from an external mail box did appear in my inbox, but I'm not sure how that happened. I know there is mail in some of my external accounts and just doing the regular mail check with the little circular arrow (refresh?) doesn't seem to get them. Help!!

Message 1 of 3 (275 Views)
Scholar

Re: With new webmail, how do I check for mail from external mail accounts, like Gmail?

I think it is collected when you click the circular arrow next to "Inbox" (hover over Inbox label to see it).   I find this unsatisfactory because I can't pick and choose which external account I want to check.

And the actual function is still messed up:  it shows the date/time you pull it into the Inbox, not the actual date/time the message was sent.  It is also still duplicating messages when you check multiple times.   Apparently the focus in this makeover was on appearance rather than function.

Athena

Message 2 of 3 (204 Views)
Contributor

Re: With new webmail, how do I check for mail from external mail accounts, like Gmail?

My external email no longer works, password doesn't get saved in options, very frustrating, I hope ATT fixes this! I don't get any of my external email even in my inbox, in fact I've been finding it in the TRASH!
Message 3 of 3 (179 Views)