Wireless receivers

Tutor

Wireless receivers

We had to change the WIFI Password on our Uverse modem yesterday and now none of my wireless receivers work.  I have tried reconnecting to the WAP and it just sits and spins forever.

I called and was on with them for an hour, still nothing.  Tech doesn't come out till Tuesday, is there a way for ME to resolve this?

Message 1 of 11 (409 Views)
Tutor

Re: Wireless receivers

Any help is much appreciated.

Message 2 of 11 (408 Views)
Employee

Factory reset the RG, unplug, depress button next to power connection while reapplying power. Unit will take update, restore all settings, then reboot WAP and receivers.

This restores wifi setting to one found on RG, suspect in trying to change one accidentally changed a setting that WAP needs.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 11 (397 Views)
Tutor

Factory reset the RG, unplug, depress button next to power connection while reapplying power.

I apologize, RG?  What is that?  and the button next to the power connection?  Is that the Power button?

Message 4 of 11 (394 Views)
Employee

RG is the residential gateway, aka modem/router.

As have IPTV service could have the 3800 (grey), 3801 (black) or 589 (black) has a large number of lights, on backside side of unit is red button next to where ac power cord plugs in.

You may also have an inid install i3812) with the i38hg (white) indoor unit. If this is what you have again should be button on back side.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 11 (391 Views)
Tutor

I know on the phone the ATT rep rebooted the router.  I will do what you described and try that tonight.  Thank you

Message 6 of 11 (389 Views)
Tutor

Well I tried resetting the ATT modem and then the WAP and then the wireless receiver.  It goes fine.  I was able to get the internet running, then reset the WAP, got it reconnected to the wireless receiver, then ATT UVerse comes up again and it sits spinning forever.

In addition to changing our WIFI Password, we also added a Skydog router to our ATT Router.  Could this be part of it too?

Message 7 of 11 (373 Views)
Tutor

any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Message 8 of 11 (371 Views)
Tutor

any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Message 9 of 11 (371 Views)
Employee

The WAP is plugged directly into the Uverse RG, not into a switch or your new router correct?

Employee Contributor*
Message 10 of 11 (362 Views)
Highlighted

zip2play wrote:

Well I tried resetting the ATT modem and then the WAP and then the wireless receiver.  It goes fine.  I was able to get the internet running, then reset the WAP, got it reconnected to the wireless receiver, then ATT UVerse comes up again and it sits spinning forever.

In addition to changing our WIFI Password, we also added a Skydog router to our ATT Router.  Could this be part of it too?

@zip2play 

More than likely the Skydog is your problem. From what I can see on their website the Skydog is a proxy device for your internet connection. It is probably interfering with your receiver or WAP getting provisioned.

I could not find any support like manuals for setup of the Skydog that I might be able to use to assist you.

Do you have the WAP plugged into the Skydog? If so, that might be the problem.

When you are resetting your modem (RG), WAP, and receiver, make sure the Skydog is turned off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 11 of 11 (354 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.