Wireless printer won't work

Tutor

Wireless printer won't work

Hi all.  Just had my U-Verse triple bundle installed today.  Everything works except my wireless printer.  I use Win 7, my printer is a HP LaserJet P1102W.  I have all the wireless in (network name and password).  Unfortunately I cannot find the HP install disk that came with the printer.  But there must be some way to go into windows and pick the printer and chance the wifi info from my old carrier to ATT.  Help please!!!!! Thanks.

Message 1 of 7 (408 Views)
Employee

Re: Wireless printer won't work

As this is customer equipment issue may wish to post at a HP forum for faster and possible more accurate response.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7 (399 Views)
Tutor

Well, the printer worked fine when we had Time Warner as of this morning.  Then ATT came out and installed U-Verse and the printer is not reading the new home network (I am not a computer expert so pardon me if I use the wrong words).

There must be a simple way to get into my system and put in the new info so my printer will work.

Message 3 of 7 (394 Views)
Employee

You have the wireless ssid and password,wireless is working properly on other devices, issue is with HP printer,admit not having HP disk, again best to contact HP directly or by HP forum, have you Google search for this printer and possible solution?
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 7 (392 Views)
Tutor

Yes I admit to not having the setup disk.  Will my sentence be lighter?

Message 5 of 7 (371 Views)
Scholar

Go to HP.COM and search their website for support.  They will allow you to download set up software/manuals for your printer.  

Message 6 of 7 (360 Views)
Highlighted

Does your  printer show up when  you try to add a printer under Devices and Printer?  You may need to do a factory reset on your printer and add the new wireless network 2WIREXXX and the new password (on the side of the RG). 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 7 of 7 (344 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.