Wired connectivity issue: ip conflict? Randomly kicked off network

Contributor

Wired connectivity issue: ip conflict? Randomly kicked off network

The following started happening as of last week.  I have not put any new devices on the network or made any other changes.

Running windows 7 will have no connection several times a day and then it restores itself.  When I click on resolve issue it states that there is no connection check to see it is plugged in.  It is.  Sometimes rebooting the router makes it work again.  I am thinking maybe there is some conflict when assigning my wired computer an ip address? 

When I call at&t they just come over and switch out the routers but the problem remains so I'm guessing the issue is higher up than the front line tech support people are trained for. 

Any ideas? 

Message 1 of 2 (298 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Wired connectivity issue: ip conflict? Randomly kicked off network

Hello, robertmcalister!

Are you still experiencing connectivity issues? If so, go ahead and send us a private message by clicking here so we can get a tech support expert to help sort this out.

Please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a response within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (240 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.