Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Feb 7, 2011
1:57:01 PM
View profile
Windows Live Mail Error

Hi to whomever is reading this... A friend of mine has windows 7 and has windows live mail installed on it and continues to get the following error: This error seems to come an go randomly, there are times when all is working fine and then boom this error. We have deleted the account and the set it back up again and to no avail. Works fine for awhile and then the error comes back. I have vista and run windows live mail no problem my friend and I have the same ISP and we have compared settings and they are the same. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Jen... Posted in another forum and they said "The message above states that it MAY be a server problem, which you can do nothing about, only your ISP can." So I didn't know if this might be the place to start to get this resolved.... 

Unable to send or receive messages for the xxxxxx@sbcglobal.net account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server Response: -ERR [IN-USE] maildrop busy.
Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes

Unable to send or receive messages for the xxxxxxx@sbcglobal.net account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F

Hi to whomever is reading this... A friend of mine has windows 7 and has windows live mail installed on it and continues to get the following error: This error seems to come an go randomly, there are times when all is working fine and then boom this error. We have deleted the account and the set it back up again and to no avail. Works fine for awhile and then the error comes back. I have vista and run windows live mail no problem my friend and I have the same ISP and we have compared settings and they are the same. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Jen... Posted in another forum and they said "The message above states that it MAY be a server problem, which you can do nothing about, only your ISP can." So I didn't know if this might be the place to start to get this resolved.... 

Unable to send or receive messages for the xxxxxx@sbcglobal.net account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server Response: -ERR [IN-USE] maildrop busy.
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92

Unable to send or receive messages for the xxxxxxx@sbcglobal.net account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F

Windows Live Mail Error

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2011 4:05:27 PM
(0)
Employee
Edited by ATTMarianaCM on Aug 28, 2013 at 1:11:08 PM

We apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the issue.

If you are experiencing an error while sending or receiving email, please verify that all settings are configured properly in  Windows Live Mail to work with your AT&T email.

Please refer to the web link to verify the settings in Windows Live Mail

Also, please ensure if you are able to sign in to your AT&T web (online) mail account using the web link att.yahoo.com/mail

Error: 0x800CCC90

Some of the possibe causes for this error are mentioned below:

1. Check the settings of Windows Live Mail.

2. Check if you are using a firewall or anti-virus. If so, temporarily disable the software and try again.

NOTE: If able to send and receive when the firewall or anti-virus is disabled, there is a configuration issue with the security software.
You would need to contact their OEM for assistance on configuration.

3. Delete and recreate the account making sure the settings are correct.

4. If this doesn't work, reinstall/reset TCP/IP.

NOTE: TCP/IP should not be uninstalled on a Windows 2000 system you do not have cab files or the Operating System CD.

5. If the error persists, please contact Microsoft at support.microsoft.com

Error ID: 0x800CCC0F

Some of the possibilities for this error are as follows :

1. Make sure your e-mail settings are correct: Mail Server, Username, and Password.

2. Clear messages in the outbox folder

3. Delete large emails, if any, in webmail.

4. Adjust mail server timeouts.

5. Your antivirus program has e-mail protection enabled, which checks the mail as it comes in from your Post Office Protocol (POP) server. Temporarily disable the antivirus e-mail protection utility and check.

6. Create a new profile to check if it's a profile issue.

7. If the error persists, please contact Microsoft at support.microsoft.com

If you need any more help, feel free to reach out to one of our DSL tech support experts via chat by clicking the link below.

AT&T DSL Support Chat

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

We apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the issue.

If you are experiencing an error while sending or receiving email, please verify that all settings are configured properly in  Windows Live Mail to work with your AT&T email.

Please refer to the web link to verify the settings in Windows Live Mail

Also, please ensure if you are able to sign in to your AT&T web (online) mail account using the web link att.yahoo.com/mail

Error: 0x800CCC90

Some of the possibe causes for this error are mentioned below:

1. Check the settings of Windows Live Mail.

2. Check if you are using a firewall or anti-virus. If so, temporarily disable the software and try again.

NOTE: If able to send and receive when the firewall or anti-virus is disabled, there is a configuration issue with the security software.
You would need to contact their OEM for assistance on configuration.

3. Delete and recreate the account making sure the settings are correct.

4. If this doesn't work, reinstall/reset TCP/IP.

NOTE: TCP/IP should not be uninstalled on a Windows 2000 system you do not have cab files or the Operating System CD.

5. If the error persists, please contact Microsoft at support.microsoft.com

Error ID: 0x800CCC0F

Some of the possibilities for this error are as follows :

1. Make sure your e-mail settings are correct: Mail Server, Username, and Password.

2. Clear messages in the outbox folder

3. Delete large emails, if any, in webmail.

4. Adjust mail server timeouts.

5. Your antivirus program has e-mail protection enabled, which checks the mail as it comes in from your Post Office Protocol (POP) server. Temporarily disable the antivirus e-mail protection utility and check.

6. Create a new profile to check if it's a profile issue.

7. If the error persists, please contact Microsoft at support.microsoft.com

If you need any more help, feel free to reach out to one of our DSL tech support experts via chat by clicking the link below.

AT&T DSL Support Chat

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Windows Live Mail Error

[ Edited ]
2 of 6 (28,435 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2013 6:49:52 PM
(0)
Contributor

TO FIX THIS PROBLEM JUST INSTALL THE NEW WINDOWS LIVE MAIL 2013 AND EVERYTHING STARTS WORKING AGAIN..IT WILL OVER WRITE THE OLD VERSION AND THE PROBLEM IS FIXED..

TO FIX THIS PROBLEM JUST INSTALL THE NEW WINDOWS LIVE MAIL 2013 AND EVERYTHING STARTS WORKING AGAIN..IT WILL OVER WRITE THE OLD VERSION AND THE PROBLEM IS FIXED..

3 of 6 (17,415 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 25, 2013 8:18:48 AM
(0)
Contributor

Where do I find the 2013 version?  I am only seeing 2011, which I had on my old laptop and had the same issue.

Where do I find the 2013 version?  I am only seeing 2011, which I had on my old laptop and had the same issue.

4 of 6 (16,285 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 6:07:38 AM
(0)
Contributor

leesem  and all.  As you can see, new to the forum but not new to AT&T or, rather, my sector of AT&T:  sbcglobal.net

I was, really, shocked when I discovered the level 2 people were going to xfer me to a charge service to make the pop settings in Windows Live Email (2011) function a couple of days ago.  (I've been on the road as in 14,000miles from home and been using the web based client).  Ok, fine and good....Give me my email client back.  Went to use it and stuff would come down from the server, but only when I manually requested it.  Say what? (When it's all said and done, it was my error.....my pop settings were fine and good....I had simply failed to check the box in the General tab of the properties of the account "Include this account when receiving mail or syncrhonizing" as I had unchecked it when I left because I knew I did not want to deal with 10,000 emails coming down at once the moment I got back).  Irrespective, it is inexcusable to off shore based idiocy script based replies I got as I was shifted from one tech 2 to another WITHOUT being advised I was being xferred....compelling me to repeat the story over and over and over.

Bottom line, here are the pop settings that are working just fine for me here:

outgoing:  smtp.sbcglobal.net

incoming:  pop.sbcglobal.net

(correct....leave that yahoo out of there!)

On the servers tab:  log on using clear text authentication; at the bottom of this tab check "My server requires authenciation"; click the "Settings" button and put in the data

On the securities tab use 3DES alog

On advanced....I'm pretty sure you can simply click "Use Defaults", but just to be certain:  Outgoing SMTP port is 25 and incoming mail (PoP3) is 110; I have server timeouts set to 1min.  Make your own choice what you want to do with the emails on THEIR servers.  Click apply or whatever.  Should be good to go.

Now, with the implementation of the "new and great" web based client it does appear that no matter what I do, the dang thing retains my downloaded emails but places them in the trash bin of the web based client.  Gotta go back to that place from time to time to delete them.

I could not find a Windows Live Mail 2013, but I have found Windows Live Mail 2012 at this web site:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/essentials  I have not installed this "upgrade".  If it ain't broke, I ain't fixing it.

The problems have to do with the fact we out in the hinterlands receive grade d service because we do not have att.net as our email domain is my view.  Since nobody with an iota of intelligence will provide the data I've just supplied it remains impossible to have a cogent converation.  shrug.

PS:  I have not tried the auto bot pages of ATT which claim to configure the software for you.  Anybody tried that hoo haw?? http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401568#fbid=B59__uijreC

leesem  and all.  As you can see, new to the forum but not new to AT&T or, rather, my sector of AT&T:  sbcglobal.net

I was, really, shocked when I discovered the level 2 people were going to xfer me to a charge service to make the pop settings in Windows Live Email (2011) function a couple of days ago.  (I've been on the road as in 14,000miles from home and been using the web based client).  Ok, fine and good....Give me my email client back.  Went to use it and stuff would come down from the server, but only when I manually requested it.  Say what? (When it's all said and done, it was my error.....my pop settings were fine and good....I had simply failed to check the box in the General tab of the properties of the account "Include this account when receiving mail or syncrhonizing" as I had unchecked it when I left because I knew I did not want to deal with 10,000 emails coming down at once the moment I got back).  Irrespective, it is inexcusable to off shore based idiocy script based replies I got as I was shifted from one tech 2 to another WITHOUT being advised I was being xferred....compelling me to repeat the story over and over and over.

Bottom line, here are the pop settings that are working just fine for me here:

outgoing:  smtp.sbcglobal.net

incoming:  pop.sbcglobal.net

(correct....leave that yahoo out of there!)

On the servers tab:  log on using clear text authentication; at the bottom of this tab check "My server requires authenciation"; click the "Settings" button and put in the data

On the securities tab use 3DES alog

On advanced....I'm pretty sure you can simply click "Use Defaults", but just to be certain:  Outgoing SMTP port is 25 and incoming mail (PoP3) is 110; I have server timeouts set to 1min.  Make your own choice what you want to do with the emails on THEIR servers.  Click apply or whatever.  Should be good to go.

Now, with the implementation of the "new and great" web based client it does appear that no matter what I do, the dang thing retains my downloaded emails but places them in the trash bin of the web based client.  Gotta go back to that place from time to time to delete them.

I could not find a Windows Live Mail 2013, but I have found Windows Live Mail 2012 at this web site:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/essentials  I have not installed this "upgrade".  If it ain't broke, I ain't fixing it.

The problems have to do with the fact we out in the hinterlands receive grade d service because we do not have att.net as our email domain is my view.  Since nobody with an iota of intelligence will provide the data I've just supplied it remains impossible to have a cogent converation.  shrug.

PS:  I have not tried the auto bot pages of ATT which claim to configure the software for you.  Anybody tried that hoo haw?? http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401568#fbid=B59__uijreC

5 of 6 (14,189 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 12:52:29 PM
(0)
Contributor

PS:  The release date of the version of Windows Live Mail 2012 is Feb. 2013. 

PS:  The release date of the version of Windows Live Mail 2012 is Feb. 2013. 

6 of 6 (14,174 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments