Will I lose my sbcglobal.net account if I cancel att?

Contributor

Will I lose my sbcglobal.net account if I cancel att?

I need to save some serious money.  I was wandering if I do choose to cancel my account will I lose my sbcglobal.net email account I have had for many years?

Message 1 of 5 (60,204 Views)
Teacher

Re: Will I lose my sbcglobal.net account if I cancel att?

[ Edited ]

We moved to an area that AT&T doesn't service and had to switch to cable.  (I really hate the cable company.)  Anyhow, I have a @yahoo.com e-mail account under my name as well as a @sbcglobal.net e-mail which I use almost exclusively.  I use the sbcglobal for business and would really hate to lose it.  My wife called customer service multiple times and was told:

1. Yes you will still be able to access it.

2. No you won't be able to access it.

3. Yes you can access it but you have to call the cable compnay. (Not sure what the cable company has to do with it.) :confused:

4. A law similar to how you can keep your cell phone number was passed where you have to be able to access it.

TIA for the help.

Message 2 of 5 (60,157 Views)
Employee

[ Edited ]

We understand your concern and realize how important it is for you to have access to your mails.

After the cancellation of AT&T Services, you will be able to access your AT&T e-mail account and send/receive mails using the same AT&T e-mail address.

Please refer to the help article given below titled " AT&T High Speed Internet Terms of Service Update"

Refer to the question "And what happens to my email when I cancel Service with AT&T? Is that changing?" in the FAQs

"We have changed our previous practice so that you will now be able to keep your email address even if you choose to disconnect your High Speed Internet Service with AT&T."

Need more help?  You can also contact us though chat: 

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 5 (60,147 Views)
Teacher

That link does not contain the question "And what happens to my email when I cancel Service with AT&T? Is that changing?"

Furthermore no help article says you will be able to keep the same email, they all say you'll need to create a new yahooID and close your member id.
Message 4 of 5 (54,182 Views)

violet13 wrote:
That link does not contain the question "And what happens to my email when I cancel Service with AT&T? Is that changing?"

Furthermore no help article says you will be able to keep the same email, they all say you'll need to create a new yahooID and close your member id.

That's what everything I've found says.

Somewhere between 60 and 100 days you'll get a notice to create a new Yahoo account and transfer your data to it if you did not previously have a Yahoo account. After that point if you have any problems with your AT&T account, support is non-existant. If you had a Yahoo account and it was merged with your AT&T when you started your services, you'll need to unmerge them (as well as any subaccounts). http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB418183#fbid=5GCsazTJtIQ

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 5 of 5 (38,151 Views)