Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Jun 21, 2013
8:37:27 PM
Why is the month and date not displayed on emails in my inbox.

The incoming message date is missing from my incoming email in my inbox. The time of day is irrelevant. I need to be able to view the month and the calendar date.  You have not covered this crucial issue in any of your help sources. 

The incoming message date is missing from my incoming email in my inbox. The time of day is irrelevant. I need to be able to view the month and the calendar date.  You have not covered this crucial issue in any of your help sources. 

Why is the month and date not displayed on emails in my inbox.

5 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2013 12:28:54 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Phil-101 on Jun 22, 2013 at 6:11:09 AM

Same is the issue with me but yet to get any solution for it.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Same is the issue with me but yet to get any solution for it.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Re: Why is the month and date not displayed on emails in my inbox.

[ Edited ]
2 of 6 (227 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2013 8:33:44 AM
(0)
Tutor

I also need the dates for my work, the day and time mean nothing to me.  Also, why have an extra trash can sitting there taking up space that could be used for the date!  I also see no need for the 25 emails to a page, it takes up more time to click onto the Next button rather than scroll down to find what you need.  There are other problems with this system, but for my work the lack of the date is the worst ever!

I also need the dates for my work, the day and time mean nothing to me.  Also, why have an extra trash can sitting there taking up space that could be used for the date!  I also see no need for the 25 emails to a page, it takes up more time to click onto the Next button rather than scroll down to find what you need.  There are other problems with this system, but for my work the lack of the date is the worst ever!

3 of 6 (201 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2013 6:27:42 PM
(0)
Contributor
You can change the number of emails per page under the mail options.
You can change the number of emails per page under the mail options.

4 of 6 (189 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 22, 2013 7:56:18 PM
(0)
Tutor

I assume you are talking about the Inbox view.  For the current day it only shows the time.  For the current week it only shows the day and time.  After that it shows the month and date.  But the message itself will have the full date information.

I assume you are talking about the Inbox view.  For the current day it only shows the time.  For the current week it only shows the day and time.  After that it shows the month and date.  But the message itself will have the full date information.

5 of 6 (182 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2013 5:05:28 AM
(0)
Mentor

I discovered that if I click on the time information (as appears in top right of header), then the complete date and day appears. And if you do not want the full set of details, just click again and it returns to the shorter version.

I discovered that if I click on the time information (as appears in top right of header), then the complete date and day appears. And if you do not want the full set of details, just click again and it returns to the shorter version.

6 of 6 (134 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments