When will AT&T acknowledge the email problem?

Contributor

When will AT&T acknowledge the email problem?

I have noticed a lot of reports on this forum and non AT&T forums about email problems.

I am convinced it is NOT a client problem but a server or infrastructure problem.

I just wish AT&T would acknowledge it.

Here is just a sample of messages I receive.

Task 'AT&T - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.  The server responded: -ERR internal server error (6532)'

Task 'AT&T - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Task 'AT&T - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).  The server responded: -ERR internal server error (6532)'

Message 1 of 15 (1,337 Views)
Contributor

Re: When will AT&T acknowledge the email problem?

I have been having similar problems for a while now.   Most of my problems are with Outlook 2010.  Errors on send/receive,  continually asking for password, etc.  They do seem to be intermittent as well so waiting a while will allow me to get my mail. 

For the most part I have not had problems with my iPhone and IPad syncing though I did have some problems last yesterday.

So definitely an AT&T problem that is probably effecting a significant number of users. 

Hope they recognize the issue and address it soon. 

Message 2 of 15 (1,315 Views)
Contributor

Same here and it's been going on for a long time.  Problem is, you cannot actually get anyone to acknowledge the problem and it's impossible to actually talk to someone.  What are we to do?

Message 3 of 15 (1,308 Views)
Contributor

I have been having what sounds like the same problem. For several weeks when Outlook 2007 has been open, I have been receiving an "Enter Network Password" popup window at an annoying rate of about 16 per day. I dutifully retype my User Name and Password as requested each time, but that does no good.

Beginning yesterday, my e-mail client, Outlook 2007, lost its ability to send and receive mail normally.  I am dead in the water. However, when the computer comes up after a hard boot, Outlook does download the e-mails sitting in the online AT&T Inbox—but only one time.  After this initial download, I can no longer send or receive any e-mail. No more e-mails are downloaded from AT&T to Outlook until after the next time the computer is shut down. Further, e-mails in the Outbox in are never sent, churning endlessly and hopelessly, until the send is cancelled.

I have tried the AT&T troubleshooting suggestions, repairing and then changing the account settings in Outlook.  Nothing works.  Moreover, some of he AT&T troubleshooting information relating to problems with sending/receiving e-mail are not accurate. 

What is one to do???

Message 4 of 15 (1,267 Views)
Community Manager

Hey everyone,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding the email error message your are seeing.  If you've already tried the steps to configure email on a supported email client listed in the Helpful Links section but the trouble continues, please shoot me a PM.  Please include your contact information and we will gladly look into it.

Regards,

Alex

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help others find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution".
Message 5 of 15 (1,251 Views)
Contributor

I too have had the problem with the login popup for Outlook 2k7 and checked the support site and they have changed the POP3 & SMTP server names once again. I changed mine to the suggested settings and it made not difference  Smiley Sad

inbound.att.net

outbound.att.net

Message 6 of 15 (1,208 Views)
Contributor

I have fixed the e-mail problem that I wrote about earlier.  I found that I had transposed the "smtp" to "smpt" in the outgoing mail server setting,  a dumb mistake!  I did this when I was trying to solve the initial issue of the frequent and annoying pop-up "Enter Network Password."  I found  information on the AT&T support site that the server names should be "inbound.att.net" & "outbound.att.net."   (see: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738&cv=812&br=BR&ct=9000811&pv=2&title=Troubleshoot... I changed the settings based on this information.

This didn't work as greyfox_1 also found out so I changed back to the original settings and in the process transposed the "tp" in smtp, which led to a broken e-mail setting.  I only realized this today.  My apology. 

If you look at the slide show near the top of the page above that has the label "Let Us Show You" you will find the correct settings.  The "inbound" & "outbound" may be the settings before AT&T started using Yahoo or perhaps these were the original Bellsouth designations.  I was a Bellsouth customer prior to the AT&T merger.

So now I can send & receive e-mail, however the annoying pop-up "Enter Network Password" remains.

Message 7 of 15 (1,191 Views)
Teacher

@Alex

I guess you (at&t) know that this problem is getting a lot of attention on DSL Reports too.  The Yahoo folks have some intermittent authentication server in their center that needs to be isolated and fixed before we all go nuts.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 15 (1,156 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Ok....this is definately server side issue...as my wife's e-mail and my daughter's e-mail intermittently work on Outlook2007 and on thier iPads...but when the issue occurs it hits all platforms at the same time....I then installed their account information on my outlook2010 and got the same issues....the email will work for a day then will fail for sometimes a couple days with a 0x800CCC92 error code....this is definately server side issue....if AT&T can't resolve I am moving to Brighthouse and Verizon. 

AT&T please admit the issue and fix it....the posts I have seen are over a year old....As a engineer this would embarass the heck out of me if I owned this problem...this is shameful.

Message 9 of 15 (861 Views)
Contributor

I spent well over an hour and a half chatting with an AT&T rep and they told me that it's a Yahoo problem.  I contacted Yahoo and they said that this error message problem is AT&T's fault.  I've been getting the IS 6352 error message for about a month now, and no one has fixed the problem!  What's a user to do???!!!

Message 10 of 15 (672 Views)
Scholar

When is AT&T going to fix this problem?

Is this the way to treat your customers?

C'mon AT&T....man up and fix it already!

Message 11 of 15 (606 Views)
Scholar

New error msg since 11/23/13 pops up. 

So the old error msg...

Task 'xxxx.xxxx - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.  The server responded: -ERR [SYS/TEMP] Service UNAVAILABLE; please try again.(#C28)

has been replaced with a new error msg...

Task 'xxxx.xxxx - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings.  The server responded: -ERR [SYS/TEMP] (#AUTH701) Service is not available; please try again later.'

Must have made some changes to the servers to generate a new error msg but still haven't fixed the problem users are experiencing.

Message 12 of 15 (519 Views)
Contributor

Well, I'm hoping that AT&T will get this problem fixed ASAP! It's really getting annoying and I am now starting to receive the new error message about every 1/2 hour!

Thanks for the update on the new error message.
Message 13 of 15 (516 Views)
Community Manager

Hi guys,

Please contact our social media care team by sending a private message here. We will help you troubleshoot and if needed escalate those issues.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 14 of 15 (504 Views)
Scholar

Why don't you just escalate the issue and fix it once and for all?

Contacting your social media care team will not fix the problem. Contacting any team will not fix the problem. I've been through this several times already. First they'll tell you that AT&T doesn't support Outlook and they want you to pay for help. The problem isn't with Outlook but with the mail servers. AT&T knows this but will not admit it.

Just fix the problem!!

Message 15 of 15 (391 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.