Website hosted by Hostmonster blocked?

Contributor

Website hosted by Hostmonster blocked?

For 2 days now, anyone trying to access my website through A T & T gets a "problem loading page" error.  I've spoken to the tech people at my host and they say that my site is up and running and must be getting blocked by my isp.  I thought that was the most ridiculous thing I'd ever heard, since I've had this site up for more than 3 years and have had no problem accessing it via A T & T before .... so, I had my son attempt to access my site through Verizon, and it popped right up with no problem.

Now the question is ... how do I get A T & T to stop doing whatever it is that they are doing?  My client isn't too happy about not being able to access his website (he's on A T & T as well), so I really need a solution to this problem.

Hoping someone can help ... thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5 (489 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Website hosted by Hostmonster blocked?

It had been since at least Sunday Aug 11 2013 for one of our sites, which has since been resolved we discovered today (unknown whether AT&T removed the block [Hostmonster confirmed AT&T was blocking] or Hostmonster changed something) and today we discovered two other sites are blocked, and Hostmonster confirmed with me over the phone today that several (possibly more, they didn't say) servers are affected.

Ultimately out of our control, I'm afraid, and unfortunate.  I'm sorry this doesn't help, but I'm hoping a community or social manager escalates it somehow.

Message 2 of 5 (444 Views)
Contributor

This problem is systemic, I have customers in North Carolina all the way to Phoenix Arizona that is being affected in the same way, they cannot access my API's located on Hostmonster which is central to my business. Hostmonster has a recording on their support line now stating that they are fully aware of the problem; however you should still contact Hostmonster to let them know that your particular server is being blocked, because they were not aware my server's IP was on that list.

Message 3 of 5 (425 Views)
Community Manager

Hello, @ay-tee-tee-bureaucracy , @cclary1 , and @SVKeefe  ! Thanks for posting!

Are you still having difficulties accessing your websites? If so, we can get you in touch with our team of managers, and they will do everything they can to help you out and get this resolved. Just send a private message to ATTCustomerCare by clicking here. Be sure to provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. It might be a good idea to include an alternate phone number, just in case. Please keep in mind that it may take up to two business days to receive a reply, but this team is awesome and will work very hard to get your problem fixed.

Thanks!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5 (370 Views)
Contributor

Thank you so much for the information and the offer of help, but I did finally get the problem resolved ... not fast enough for the client whose website was down, but one can't have everything :-) -- Sandi

Message 5 of 5 (362 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.