Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Mar 30, 2010
10:29:06 AM
View profile
Web Space
Seems most Internet companies offer free web space to thier customers, Does ATT? If so how do I access it "the server"? so I can upload my website?
Seems most Internet companies offer free web space to thier customers, Does ATT? If so how do I access it "the server"? so I can upload my website?

Web Space

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 30, 2010 2:07:21 PM
(0)
Employee
Hello cranium,

Thank you for contacting us through this forums.
I would like to explain that if you High Speed Internet services, you can go to http://my.att.net/p, sign up for PWP, and host your website there for free.

To get more information about the same and for billing, technical support, sales or ordering questions related to AT&T Yahoo! shared Web Hosting, use the link mentioned below:

You may also call at: 866-722-9932, 866-SBC-YWEB They are open 24/7.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple
in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

Hello cranium,

Thank you for contacting us through this forums.
I would like to explain that if you High Speed Internet services, you can go to http://my.att.net/p, sign up for PWP, and host your website there for free.

To get more information about the same and for billing, technical support, sales or ordering questions related to AT&T Yahoo! shared Web Hosting, use the link mentioned below:

You may also call at: 866-722-9932, 866-SBC-YWEB They are open 24/7.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Web Space

2 of 9 (9,158 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2010 6:19:40 AM
(0)
Mentor
But if you have Dial up - we used to - but it was taken away as was the accelerator. So you can pay a premimiun - I went to a hosting company and got hosting for alot less - they dont tell you that you can not have a domain name! Sevice thru ATT has gotten really bad and no extras.
But if you have Dial up - we used to - but it was taken away as was the accelerator. So you can pay a premimiun - I went to a hosting company and got hosting for alot less - they dont tell you that you can not have a domain name! Sevice thru ATT has gotten really bad and no extras.

3 of 9 (9,158 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2012 2:31:28 PM
(0)
Teacher

I went to the link provided (which may not be current since it was from 2009, but I can't find the place to register as it says:

FTP Server Access

Creation Process

Step 1: Register to create your PWP user account.  WHERE?????

Step 2: Build your Personal Web page space.

Step 3: Once you have finshed, you will have a page that looks like this:

I went to the link provided (which may not be current since it was from 2009, but I can't find the place to register as it says:

FTP Server Access

Creation Process

Step 1: Register to create your PWP user account.  WHERE?????

Step 2: Build your Personal Web page space.

Step 3: Once you have finshed, you will have a page that looks like this:

Re: Free Personal Web Space

4 of 9 (7,541 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2012 3:58:13 AM
(0)
Scholar

"Beginning September 12, 2012, you can no longer create a new Personal webpage. We will continue to support existing pages."

More info here:  AT&T Personal webpage

So unless you already have personal web pages (PWP), you are out of luck.  I moved my websites to KVC Hosting 2 years ago and have been very satisfied with their service.

"Beginning September 12, 2012, you can no longer create a new Personal webpage. We will continue to support existing pages."

More info here:  AT&T Personal webpage

So unless you already have personal web pages (PWP), you are out of luck.  I moved my websites to KVC Hosting 2 years ago and have been very satisfied with their service.

5 of 9 (7,532 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 28, 2012 10:45:41 AM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks.  

Thanks.  

6 of 9 (7,527 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2013 6:48:07 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hello, Gadget_1

Your post says "Beginning September 12, 2012, you can no longer create a new Personal webpage. We will continue to support existing pages."

I have had one of these Personal webpages since April of 2011. When I tired to connect to host and upload changes my connection timed out without connecting. Over the last 4 days I have made numerous attempts to determine the problem. At the end, Technical Support told me that these pages are no longer support at all.

Is this true or am I just talking to the wrong people?

Hello, Gadget_1

Your post says "Beginning September 12, 2012, you can no longer create a new Personal webpage. We will continue to support existing pages."

I have had one of these Personal webpages since April of 2011. When I tired to connect to host and upload changes my connection timed out without connecting. Over the last 4 days I have made numerous attempts to determine the problem. At the end, Technical Support told me that these pages are no longer support at all.

Is this true or am I just talking to the wrong people?

7 of 9 (5,704 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 20, 2013 11:38:35 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Phil-101 on Aug 20, 2013 at 12:09:14 PM

I am also having the same problem.  I have had a personal web page hosted by att/bellsouth for last 12 years and today cannot access my web pages or the ftp site (ftp://home.bellsout.net) where i would normally upload my files.  I have spent 2.5 hours with over 7 technical support people...mostly from the phillipines...and can not get any answers or a solution.  To put it bluntly...YOU GUYS SUCK!

please explaine what is going on...

I can be reached at [edited for privacy]

I am also having the same problem.  I have had a personal web page hosted by att/bellsouth for last 12 years and today cannot access my web pages or the ftp site (ftp://home.bellsout.net) where i would normally upload my files.  I have spent 2.5 hours with over 7 technical support people...mostly from the phillipines...and can not get any answers or a solution.  To put it bluntly...YOU GUYS SUCK!

please explaine what is going on...

I can be reached at [edited for privacy]

[ Edited ]
8 of 9 (5,658 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2013 9:13:34 AM
(0)
Tutor

Me too, I have had my site on sbcglobalpwp.att.net (FTP updates to pwp.att.net or home.bellsouth.net) for almost 5yrs... this happened about a year ago and I also waisted 2+hrs of my life calling the helpdesks...I started at the DSL helpdesk and got pushed from place to place but no one knew who supported pwp.att.net or what I was talking about.  After many transfers someone could only find the announcement that NEW pages are not supported.   They had ZERO info regarding how to support those pages that already existed.    A few days later the pwp ftp site was available again.   

Anyway, today I tried to update and found I couldn't connect.  Then I found this thread.

It is depressing to come here and find that it has actually been down for at least two full weeks.  Especially since I am paying for this service.

Me too, I have had my site on sbcglobalpwp.att.net (FTP updates to pwp.att.net or home.bellsouth.net) for almost 5yrs... this happened about a year ago and I also waisted 2+hrs of my life calling the helpdesks...I started at the DSL helpdesk and got pushed from place to place but no one knew who supported pwp.att.net or what I was talking about.  After many transfers someone could only find the announcement that NEW pages are not supported.   They had ZERO info regarding how to support those pages that already existed.    A few days later the pwp ftp site was available again.   

Anyway, today I tried to update and found I couldn't connect.  Then I found this thread.

It is depressing to come here and find that it has actually been down for at least two full weeks.  Especially since I am paying for this service.

9 of 9 (5,592 Views)