Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Mar 12, 2014
5:25:18 AM
Very slow connection with DSL
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Mar 12, 2014 at 12:17:56 PM

Isn't it amazing that for AT&T getting half the speed you're supposed to get is acceptable to them? I wonder if they would also find paying half the bill acceptable.

I signed up for 3.0 which was the best I could get. They switched me to the basic recently under the explanation that they are working on Uverse in our area. No warning, No notification just crappy DSL. Today I am getting .49 download and .15 upload. Things won't even load.

It seems they could have warned me about this when I signed up last November. By the way I also paid to get out of my contract with Exceed when I moved and took the AT&T at my new house.

AT&T service stinks. Speed was 2. something when tech was here. It gets slower by the week. I'm disgusted. I would recommend this service to NO ONE.

Isn't it amazing that for AT&T getting half the speed you're supposed to get is acceptable to them? I wonder if they would also find paying half the bill acceptable.

I signed up for 3.0 which was the best I could get. They switched me to the basic recently under the explanation that they are working on Uverse in our area. No warning, No notification just crappy DSL. Today I am getting .49 download and .15 upload. Things won't even load.

It seems they could have warned me about this when I signed up last November. By the way I also paid to get out of my contract with Exceed when I moved and took the AT&T at my new house.

AT&T service stinks. Speed was 2. something when tech was here. It gets slower by the week. I'm disgusted. I would recommend this service to NO ONE.

Very slow connection with DSL

[ Edited ]
3 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2014 12:44:38 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @yeehatoo Welcome to the Forums!

Unfortunately there are so many factors that might be affecting your Internet speeds. Are you using wired or wireless connections? Were you getting the full 3 Mbps initially? You said U-verse was rolling out in your area, have you checked to see if it's available to you yet?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello @yeehatoo Welcome to the Forums!

Unfortunately there are so many factors that might be affecting your Internet speeds. Are you using wired or wireless connections? Were you getting the full 3 Mbps initially? You said U-verse was rolling out in your area, have you checked to see if it's available to you yet?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Very slow connection with DSL

2 of 4 (608 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2014 3:32:02 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by ATTDmitriyCM on Mar 13, 2014 at 11:51:22 AM

We are using wired connections. I had service out because of the
extremely slow speeds and our systems are fine and service guy was
pulling 240 or so but that basically went out the drive with his truck.
AT&T knows we are not getting 3.0 and because of that we have been
downgraded to a lower plan. .49 and .63 and .64 totally is dial up in my
book. I did not sign up for dial up. I paid to get out of my Satellite
plan early to get AT&T ...... boy am I sorry for that.

SUPPOSEDLY U-verse will be available in JUNE. AT&T is assuming that our
lines have been pulled because of this, who knows but your service
stinks and I would recommend you to NOBODY. Nobody knows and most that
you talk to only know about U-verse and have never even been trained on
the DSL. I have spent hours on the phone with your people and on hold
forever and ever.

Joann
[Email removed for your privacy]

We are using wired connections. I had service out because of the
extremely slow speeds and our systems are fine and service guy was
pulling 240 or so but that basically went out the drive with his truck.
AT&T knows we are not getting 3.0 and because of that we have been
downgraded to a lower plan. .49 and .63 and .64 totally is dial up in my
book. I did not sign up for dial up. I paid to get out of my Satellite
plan early to get AT&T ...... boy am I sorry for that.

SUPPOSEDLY U-verse will be available in JUNE. AT&T is assuming that our
lines have been pulled because of this, who knows but your service
stinks and I would recommend you to NOBODY. Nobody knows and most that
you talk to only know about U-verse and have never even been trained on
the DSL. I have spent hours on the phone with your people and on hold
forever and ever.

Joann
[Email removed for your privacy]

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (593 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2014 7:01:03 AM
(0)
Tutor

Ever since they announced that our area now has u verse, is when all this trouble started. All was fine before this. We don't want U verse. We have a business here at home that is being affected BADLY by the slow wi fi....we're not looking for more trouble., or expense. We've read the threads. We have no faith that U verse will help anything, feel, in fact, that we'd be getting ourselves into a worse nightmare. I'm sorry that our cell phones depend on our wifi network too. At&t is becoming nothing but a huge disappointment. Thank God they're not the only game in town anymore. Don't they realize this? FYI: we live in South Fla. SO FRUSTRATED!!!!!!! and losing money!!!!! Our customer service is going down because of our association with At&T

Ever since they announced that our area now has u verse, is when all this trouble started. All was fine before this. We don't want U verse. We have a business here at home that is being affected BADLY by the slow wi fi....we're not looking for more trouble., or expense. We've read the threads. We have no faith that U verse will help anything, feel, in fact, that we'd be getting ourselves into a worse nightmare. I'm sorry that our cell phones depend on our wifi network too. At&t is becoming nothing but a huge disappointment. Thank God they're not the only game in town anymore. Don't they realize this? FYI: we live in South Fla. SO FRUSTRATED!!!!!!! and losing money!!!!! Our customer service is going down because of our association with At&T

4 of 4 (409 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments