Posted Nov 6, 2013
3:47:59 PM
View profile
Using a Frontier (Netgear) 7550 model on the AT&T network
I have read several places around the internet of people using Frontier branded 7550 modems on the AT&T network however I have not been able to find exactly how to do this. I have spent quite a lot of time on the phone with AT&T tech support and have not had any luck there either. I am confident the modem is working as it should and I am connected via ethernet cord to the modem but unfortunately any time I try to put in any IP address it redirects me to the AT&T setup wizard. I have done a hard reset and restarted my computer several times. I was able to make it into the Frontier settings page at one point and able to check that the VPI/VCI is set at 0/35 as it was but otherwise I am completely stuck. I would be very appreciative if someone were able to help me out, I would really prefer to not have to buy a new 7550 modem that was made specifically for AT&T!

Though it may seem based on my verbiage above that I am pretty tech savvy this is definitely not in my wheelhouse and the acronyms that I have used above are simply my usage of what I have read from others and it does not mean that I actually know what they stand for/are. (Example: VPI/VCI not the foggiest clue what in the heck I am talking about there!) :-)

Thanks in advance for anybody's help on this issue!
I have read several places around the internet of people using Frontier branded 7550 modems on the AT&T network however I have not been able to find exactly how to do this. I have spent quite a lot of time on the phone with AT&T tech support and have not had any luck there either. I am confident the modem is working as it should and I am connected via ethernet cord to the modem but unfortunately any time I try to put in any IP address it redirects me to the AT&T setup wizard. I have done a hard reset and restarted my computer several times. I was able to make it into the Frontier settings page at one point and able to check that the VPI/VCI is set at 0/35 as it was but otherwise I am completely stuck. I would be very appreciative if someone were able to help me out, I would really prefer to not have to buy a new 7550 modem that was made specifically for AT&T!

Though it may seem based on my verbiage above that I am pretty tech savvy this is definitely not in my wheelhouse and the acronyms that I have used above are simply my usage of what I have read from others and it does not mean that I actually know what they stand for/are. (Example: VPI/VCI not the foggiest clue what in the heck I am talking about there!) :-)

Thanks in advance for anybody's help on this issue!

Using a Frontier (Netgear) 7550 model on the AT&T network

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 6:57:18 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, Kvassay!

Thanks for your post! I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty setting up your modem on our network. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can look into this for you.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number,email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Hello, Kvassay!

Thanks for your post! I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty setting up your modem on our network. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can look into this for you.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number,email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Using a Frontier (Netgear) 7550 model on the AT&T network

2 of 2 (512 Views)