Helpful Links

Use own modem behind Netgear 7550

Use own modem behind Netgear 7550

I'm desperately trying to bond together 4 DSL lines using a Cisco rv016 and don't have the right configuration.  Has anyone had any luck setting up their own router behind a Netgear 7550?  I can't find documentation or posts on this anywhere, including Cisco.  I've tried PPPoE using same settings as entered in 7550 w/ 7550 set to 'bridged' mode to no avail ... any help is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 2

Re: Use own modem behind Netgear 7550

@nickgiguere  wrote:

I'm desperately trying to bond together 4 DSL lines using a Cisco rv016 and don't have the right configuration.  Has anyone had any luck setting up their own router behind a Netgear 7550?  I can't find documentation or posts on this anywhere, including Cisco.  I've tried PPPoE using same settings as entered in 7550 w/ 7550 set to 'bridged' mode to no avail ... any help is greatly appreciated.

What are the results you're getting?

Does the 7550 connect when using factory default configuration (un-bridged)?

What steps are you taking to "bridge" the 7550?

If you connect a computer to the 7550 while it is "bridged", can you get online by entering the PPPoE on the computer?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Learn how connect your AT&T holiday gifts at Unwrapped on Wednesday, 12/27 (1-4pm ET)!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues, we are here to chat!

Additional Support