Upgraded to Max Plus internet and service got worse...what a joke and waste of money.

Visitor

Upgraded to Max Plus internet and service got worse...what a joke and waste of money.

Anyone else had this issue? The day after I spent the extra $5/month to upgrade, my internet service got progressively worse. I am paying for 18mbps and getting LESS THAN 1...as in .2 mbps. The internet has also crashed completely twice in the last two days. Such a scam. Not that I ever got the speeds I was paying for at the Max level either.

Message 1 of 2 (262 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Upgraded to Max Plus internet and service got worse...what a joke and waste of money.

Was this a CSI (Customer Self Install?) sometimes when you bump up to the next speed level without a tech coming out to check your lines there may be some issues. In order to determine if its your inside wiring or AT&T side you will need to take your modem to the side of the house and open the telephone box, thers a phone plug with a short jumper on it, unplug thet jumper and plugin the modem there and check your speeds, if they are speeds as advertised then you have an inside issue, if they are still poor then you need to call at&t and get a tech out to check the lines. I know this is a lot of work to deal with but in the long run it could save you hundreds od dollars,

Outide issue is not billable

Inside issue is billable unless you have the inside wire plan then there  will be no charge.

Hope this helps

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (256 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.