08-14-2009 11:43 AM
Outlook Express is the default email software program that AT&T provides and is set up during the installation process. However, you may also use other email software programs (e.g., Outlook Express, Windows Mail for Vista, Outlook 2007, Netscape 6.0/7.0, Entourage, or Apple Mail). These programs let you access and organize your email messages on your computer.
To set up an Outlook Express email account, do the following:
|Note:||If the icon is not on your desktop, click Start and then look for the icon in your list of programs.|
|Note:||If you do not see the Set up a Mail account link, Outlook Express has already been set up. If you would like to add another mailbox, see
How to: Add an Additional Mailbox Using Outlook Express.
The Email Server Names screen displays.
|Note:||This includes the letters, characters, and numbers to the left of the @ sign in your AT&T email address.|
9. Click on the Properties button.
10. Click on the Servers tab.
11. Check the Remember password checkbox and the My server requires authentication checkbox.
12. Click on the Settings button.
13. Select the appropriate Outgoing Mail Server settings:
14. If your Incoming Mail Server (POP3) is set to pop.att.yahoo.com, select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
15. If your Incoming Mail Server (POP3) is set to something other than pop.att.yahoo.com, select Log on using, enter your full AT&T Email address (including domain) and Password, and leave Remember Password checked.
16. Click the OK button.
17. Click on the Advanced tab.
18. Check both boxes for Incoming and Outgoing Secure Socket Layer connections (SSL):
Incoming mail port #: 995, secure connection (SSL) checked.
Outgoing mail port #: 465, secure connection (SSL) checked.
Tip: Check the boxes before specifying port numbers.
09-30-2009 9:48 AM
09-30-2009 10:30 AM
once your email profile has been setup in OE, it will automatically download all emails from your AT&T Yahoo! Inbox only. personalized folders created in the Yahoo! mailbox will not be included in the download. you will need to manually move all your emails from the customized folders to the Yahoo! INBOX so that OE can download the emails to your computer.
you can export your contacts from Yahoo! and import them to OE. just click on the link below:
From Yahoo! to Microsoft Outlook Express
hope this helps!
09-30-2009 10:48 AM
08-01-2010 4:07 PM
Incoming mail in Outlook Express receive OK, but Outgoing mail, I cannot do it. Could you help me to fix. Thank you
08-02-2010 9:16 AM - last edited on 09-12-2013 10:19 AM by ATTMarianaCM
Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced. If you are unable to send emails through your email client (Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, Mac mail, etc..), I would suggest you to verify the settings of your email client.
To verify the settings of your email client, please use the link mentioned below and follow the troubleshooting steps accordingly:
If you experience any difficulty while verifying the settings in your email client, we recommendthat you contact AT&T eChat support by clicking the link below.
10-06-2013 10:35 AM
I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.