Set up an email account from another provider using Outlook 2010

Highlighted
Contributor

Set up an email account from another provider using Outlook 2010

Re: Outlook 2010 new account

Under settings for incoming server I entered my other provider's incoming mail server.

I entered as the outgoing server outbound.att.net

Under the Advanced tab in More Settings, I checked SSL incoming server 995 and outgoing at 465.

All other information entered is related to my other email provider account and my yahoo mail account.

I receive an error message when I complete the process.

Since I've set up a similar account several years ago with no issue. My POP3 account still works on my WindowsXP computer, but I am unable to on my new Windows 7 Pro computer.

Need some help here. Thanx.

Message 1 of 3 (204 Views)
Community Manager

Re: Set up an email account from another provider using Outlook 2010

Hello, bzibbo!

Thanks for you post! I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty setting up your email. If you don't mind, go ahead and send us a private message by clicking here so we can walk you through it.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so please keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, please feel free to message me with any additional questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (178 Views)
Contributor

Re: Set up an email account from another provider using Outlook 2010

Thank you Mariana for your quick response. I've sent you a private message.
After receiving ATT tech support and performing more research using ATT and
Microsoft website tech support websites, I was able to successfully set up
Outlook 2010.
Regards,
Barbara
Message 3 of 3 (173 Views)