Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Aug 30, 2012
5:57:16 AM
View profile
Sent emails for someone else's bill/account

Howdy,

For the last few months I've been recieving emails for someone elses AT&T account. These emails are for a Caryl Hall, and have her account number for a wireless bill.

Is this a scam? I haven't found any reports of anything similar. I have tried to contact AT&T about this in a more direct way, but as an Australian who doesn't use AT&T I can't register/log in to email or lodge a formal query or complaint about these emails.

If this is a legitimate account I'd really like for the real recipiant to recieve their emails. If it's some kind of fake or scam I'd really like to know so I can report and block it.

I hope this might be seen be someone who can help or shed light on the issue.

Cheers,

Caitlin

Howdy,

For the last few months I've been recieving emails for someone elses AT&T account. These emails are for a Caryl Hall, and have her account number for a wireless bill.

Is this a scam? I haven't found any reports of anything similar. I have tried to contact AT&T about this in a more direct way, but as an Australian who doesn't use AT&T I can't register/log in to email or lodge a formal query or complaint about these emails.

If this is a legitimate account I'd really like for the real recipiant to recieve their emails. If it's some kind of fake or scam I'd really like to know so I can report and block it.

I hope this might be seen be someone who can help or shed light on the issue.

Cheers,

Caitlin

Sent emails for someone else's bill/account

5 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 30, 2012 10:39:31 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello caysha.  Thanks for registering and posting.

This possibly could be an issue with an incorrect email address provided/entered.  I need a little bit more information from you.

I am going to send you a private messages (blue envelope, top right side of your screen) with what I am looking for.  If you can respond to that private message, it will be greatly appreciated!  ~Delia

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Hello caysha.  Thanks for registering and posting.

This possibly could be an issue with an incorrect email address provided/entered.  I need a little bit more information from you.

I am going to send you a private messages (blue envelope, top right side of your screen) with what I am looking for.  If you can respond to that private message, it will be greatly appreciated!  ~Delia

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Sent emails for someone else's bill/account

2 of 6 (2,075 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2013 7:09:17 AM
(0)
Contributor

Hi Delia,

I am having the same issue with receiving someone else's bills and personal information. Can you please help?

I have called AT&T numerous times and they say they can't open another person's account wihtout speaking to that person directly. I would really like to stop receiving this person's personal info from AT&T and I would hate it if my personal information was being shared like this.

Thanks,

Caroline

Hi Delia,

I am having the same issue with receiving someone else's bills and personal information. Can you please help?

I have called AT&T numerous times and they say they can't open another person's account wihtout speaking to that person directly. I would really like to stop receiving this person's personal info from AT&T and I would hate it if my personal information was being shared like this.

Thanks,

Caroline

3 of 6 (1,292 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 10, 2013 2:16:34 PM
(0)
Employee

Hey there chill2010!  We most certainly can get you some assistance.  Please click ATTCustomerCare and it will open up a private message window.

Please send them the details (of the customer information you are receiving) in the private message so they can research it.  Please provide them with your name and contact number and a good time for you to be reached as well.

A manager will contact you directly within 48 hours of receipt of your private message to help get this resolved ASAP.

Thanks for reaching out, because I too would not want my personal information going to someone without my knowledge. Smiley Happy

~Delia

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Hey there chill2010!  We most certainly can get you some assistance.  Please click ATTCustomerCare and it will open up a private message window.

Please send them the details (of the customer information you are receiving) in the private message so they can research it.  Please provide them with your name and contact number and a good time for you to be reached as well.

A manager will contact you directly within 48 hours of receipt of your private message to help get this resolved ASAP.

Thanks for reaching out, because I too would not want my personal information going to someone without my knowledge. Smiley Happy

~Delia

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 6 (1,264 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2014 11:07:57 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm having the same problem. I keep getting somoene else's account information, including caredit card information, via a monthly email. This seems like an important security issue AT&T should take care of. I've called twice about this issue and I've used the online chat twice. The folks on the phone had no solution, and the online chat representative said it was taken care of. Yet the problem persists.

I'm having the same problem. I keep getting somoene else's account information, including caredit card information, via a monthly email. This seems like an important security issue AT&T should take care of. I've called twice about this issue and I've used the online chat twice. The folks on the phone had no solution, and the online chat representative said it was taken care of. Yet the problem persists.

5 of 6 (661 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 17, 2014 1:31:00 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @10to11 Welcome to the Forums!

Thank you for trying to resolve this issue. Our team can help you with that! Please send us a private message by clicking here with your name, phone number and the best time you can be reached.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello @10to11 Welcome to the Forums!

Thank you for trying to resolve this issue. Our team can help you with that! Please send us a private message by clicking here with your name, phone number and the best time you can be reached.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (618 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments