Same question — can I use my Airport Express to extend our wifi signal if so how do I set it up?

Contributor

Same question — can I use my Airport Express to extend our wifi signal if so how do I set it up?

We too want to use Airport Express to extend the wifi signal. This set-up was working until the SpeedStream modem we had died. We replaced it with the AT&T Pace 802.11n wireless router with DSL modem but have not been able to figure out how to configure Airport Express to work with this new device. We are regular DSL customers (not U-verse). Anyone able to help?

Message 1 of 2
Contributor

Re: Same question — can I use my Airport Express to extend our wifi signal if so how do I set it up?

I found this info, posted elsewhere in the Forum by Computer-Joe, was helpful in getting this to work. Now resolved.

To wirelessly "extend" a wireless network with an Airport, the original router must be another Airport product or support WDS, which I don't beleive the RG does. You can though, use it to create a seperate wireless network that "shares" the internet connection with the RG by using an ethernet cable between the Airport and the RG.

Message 2 of 2
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Check out our troubleshooting articles below and don’t forget to search the forums - your question may have been answered already!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

Additional Support