Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Aug 9, 2013
10:47:07 AM
View profile
Same question — can I use my Airport Express to extend our wifi signal if so how do I set it up?

We too want to use Airport Express to extend the wifi signal. This set-up was working until the SpeedStream modem we had died. We replaced it with the AT&T Pace 802.11n wireless router with DSL modem but have not been able to figure out how to configure Airport Express to work with this new device. We are regular DSL customers (not U-verse). Anyone able to help?

We too want to use Airport Express to extend the wifi signal. This set-up was working until the SpeedStream modem we had died. We replaced it with the AT&T Pace 802.11n wireless router with DSL modem but have not been able to figure out how to configure Airport Express to work with this new device. We are regular DSL customers (not U-verse). Anyone able to help?

Same question — can I use my Airport Express to extend our wifi signal if so how do I set it up?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2013 12:16:40 PM
(0)
Contributor

I found this info, posted elsewhere in the Forum by Computer-Joe, was helpful in getting this to work. Now resolved.

To wirelessly "extend" a wireless network with an Airport, the original router must be another Airport product or support WDS, which I don't beleive the RG does. You can though, use it to create a seperate wireless network that "shares" the internet connection with the RG by using an ethernet cable between the Airport and the RG.

I found this info, posted elsewhere in the Forum by Computer-Joe, was helpful in getting this to work. Now resolved.

To wirelessly "extend" a wireless network with an Airport, the original router must be another Airport product or support WDS, which I don't beleive the RG does. You can though, use it to create a seperate wireless network that "shares" the internet connection with the RG by using an ethernet cable between the Airport and the RG.

Re: Same question — can I use my Airport Express to extend our wifi signal if so how do I set it up?

2 of 2 (234 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments