Rocketmail to Yahoo to AT&T Email locked out with no AT&T info for years. Help!

Contributor

Rocketmail to Yahoo to AT&T Email locked out with no AT&T info for years. Help!

Hi, I used to have Rocketmail for email then it was bought out by Yahoo then it merged with AT&T. My ex wife and I used AT&T for phone service and had an account number but I haven't been with AT&T for YEARS.  My Yahoo account was hacked and I tried changing password but it ONLY takes me to AT&T which I haven't a clue my account number or anything. I MUST sign into AT&T and can't do that because it has been over 10 years and my ex wife lives two states away.

I tried calling Yahoo and then AT&T and they couldn't help me. I kept getting the runaround with nobody knowing how to help. I have spoken to other really smart tech people who have no answers unless I can track down my old AT&T account info from like 10 Plus years ago.  I'm hoping somebody out there has some answers.  PLEASE HELP.  I simply want to change my yahoo password.  Yahoo ALWAYS takes me to AT&T.  Now I cannot access anything.

Message 1 of 3
Community Manager

Re: Rocketmail to Yahoo to AT&T Email locked out with no AT&T info for years. Help!

Hello davike, welcome to the forums and thank you for your post!

I'm very sorry to hear about your issue. It's a little bit odd, I have a Rocketmail email too, I know Yahoo operates AT&T's email services, but I don't know why it's affecting your account. As far as I know AT&T doesn't use Rocketmail for anything. Our team can help you sort it out, please send us a private message by clicking here with your full name, phone number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3
Contributor

Re: Rocketmail to Yahoo to AT&T Email locked out with no AT&T info for years. Help!

Hello Dmitriy,

Thanks so much for the response!  Yeah, the problem is that when I go to change my password in Yahoo (Irregardless that it once was Rocketmail), it goes to AT&T.  It asks for my AT&T information which I don't know. Does everybody who has Yahoo email change their password at AT&T? 

I did spend A LOT of time on the phone with tech help from AT&T and Yahoo and nobody on that end could figure it out. The key is I don' thave any recolection of AT&T information so I kept running into a brick wall.  I'll do what you said regarding the private message.

Thank you very much!

Davikle

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the internet boards! Did you know the AT&T Community forums has the answers you need to solve most service woes? Check out our How To Forum article. You will learn how to find your answer!

Service acting up? Click here to troubleshoot now!

For DSL related issues. We highly recommend chatting with our teams to address this as quickly as possible.

Additional Support