Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Dec 19, 2013
4:31:56 PM
View profile
Rocketmail to Yahoo to AT&T Email locked out with no AT&T info for years. Help!

Hi, I used to have Rocketmail for email then it was bought out by Yahoo then it merged with AT&T. My ex wife and I used AT&T for phone service and had an account number but I haven't been with AT&T for YEARS.  My Yahoo account was hacked and I tried changing password but it ONLY takes me to AT&T which I haven't a clue my account number or anything. I MUST sign into AT&T and can't do that because it has been over 10 years and my ex wife lives two states away.

I tried calling Yahoo and then AT&T and they couldn't help me. I kept getting the runaround with nobody knowing how to help. I have spoken to other really smart tech people who have no answers unless I can track down my old AT&T account info from like 10 Plus years ago.  I'm hoping somebody out there has some answers.  PLEASE HELP.  I simply want to change my yahoo password.  Yahoo ALWAYS takes me to AT&T.  Now I cannot access anything.

Hi, I used to have Rocketmail for email then it was bought out by Yahoo then it merged with AT&T. My ex wife and I used AT&T for phone service and had an account number but I haven't been with AT&T for YEARS.  My Yahoo account was hacked and I tried changing password but it ONLY takes me to AT&T which I haven't a clue my account number or anything. I MUST sign into AT&T and can't do that because it has been over 10 years and my ex wife lives two states away.

I tried calling Yahoo and then AT&T and they couldn't help me. I kept getting the runaround with nobody knowing how to help. I have spoken to other really smart tech people who have no answers unless I can track down my old AT&T account info from like 10 Plus years ago.  I'm hoping somebody out there has some answers.  PLEASE HELP.  I simply want to change my yahoo password.  Yahoo ALWAYS takes me to AT&T.  Now I cannot access anything.

Rocketmail to Yahoo to AT&T Email locked out with no AT&T info for years. Help!

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 2:17:05 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello davike, welcome to the forums and thank you for your post!

I'm very sorry to hear about your issue. It's a little bit odd, I have a Rocketmail email too, I know Yahoo operates AT&T's email services, but I don't know why it's affecting your account. As far as I know AT&T doesn't use Rocketmail for anything. Our team can help you sort it out, please send us a private message by clicking here with your full name, phone number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello davike, welcome to the forums and thank you for your post!

I'm very sorry to hear about your issue. It's a little bit odd, I have a Rocketmail email too, I know Yahoo operates AT&T's email services, but I don't know why it's affecting your account. As far as I know AT&T doesn't use Rocketmail for anything. Our team can help you sort it out, please send us a private message by clicking here with your full name, phone number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Rocketmail to Yahoo to AT&T Email locked out with no AT&T info for years. Help!

2 of 3 (436 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 20, 2013 2:25:02 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hello Dmitriy,

Thanks so much for the response!  Yeah, the problem is that when I go to change my password in Yahoo (Irregardless that it once was Rocketmail), it goes to AT&T.  It asks for my AT&T information which I don't know. Does everybody who has Yahoo email change their password at AT&T? 

I did spend A LOT of time on the phone with tech help from AT&T and Yahoo and nobody on that end could figure it out. The key is I don' thave any recolection of AT&T information so I kept running into a brick wall.  I'll do what you said regarding the private message.

Thank you very much!

Davikle

Hello Dmitriy,

Thanks so much for the response!  Yeah, the problem is that when I go to change my password in Yahoo (Irregardless that it once was Rocketmail), it goes to AT&T.  It asks for my AT&T information which I don't know. Does everybody who has Yahoo email change their password at AT&T? 

I did spend A LOT of time on the phone with tech help from AT&T and Yahoo and nobody on that end could figure it out. The key is I don' thave any recolection of AT&T information so I kept running into a brick wall.  I'll do what you said regarding the private message.

Thank you very much!

Davikle

Re: Rocketmail to Yahoo to AT&T Email locked out with no AT&T info for years. Help!

3 of 3 (433 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments