Internet Forums

Posted Dec 7, 2013
12:41:33 PM
View profile
Reset ATT Email Password

I've been through the forums and checked all the links.   The password reset feature requires you to enter a last name.   There is no last name on the record (see below)  The reset feature won't allow a blank field, so what to do?

Also, this email account is a sub account.   I can access the main account, see my sub accounts but the password reset at this level requires knowledge of the prior password.  I know previously I was able to reset passwords from the master account but this is no longer the case.

I've been frustrated through efforts with chat support and phone support in trying to resolve this.

Here's the record from the master email:

att.png

There isn't a last name and the password reset requires you to enter one.

You used to be able to manage your sub accounts from the master account.   Now you are asked for the current password before you are able to make changes.

att01.png

I've been running around in circles and hoping someone has a solution.   I haven't been able to access the account since AT&T stopped allowing you to use outside services for email feeds. 

I've been through the forums and checked all the links.   The password reset feature requires you to enter a last name.   There is no last name on the record (see below)  The reset feature won't allow a blank field, so what to do?

Also, this email account is a sub account.   I can access the main account, see my sub accounts but the password reset at this level requires knowledge of the prior password.  I know previously I was able to reset passwords from the master account but this is no longer the case.

I've been frustrated through efforts with chat support and phone support in trying to resolve this.

Here's the record from the master email:

att.png

There isn't a last name and the password reset requires you to enter one.

You used to be able to manage your sub accounts from the master account.   Now you are asked for the current password before you are able to make changes.

att01.png

I've been running around in circles and hoping someone has a solution.   I haven't been able to access the account since AT&T stopped allowing you to use outside services for email feeds. 

Reset ATT Email Password

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 9, 2013 8:26:32 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, nm3com!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble resetting your email password. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can find a workaround.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. This is not the same Customer Service team you've worked with over the phone or chat; this is a dedicated team that only handles escalations from the forums. Once you've sent us a message, you can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

Once again, I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience. In the meantime, please feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Hello, nm3com!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble resetting your email password. If you don't mind, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can find a workaround.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. This is not the same Customer Service team you've worked with over the phone or chat; this is a dedicated team that only handles escalations from the forums. Once you've sent us a message, you can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

Once again, I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience. In the meantime, please feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Reset ATT Email Password

2 of 3 (204 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2013 10:19:45 AM
(0)
Contributor

Just wanted to post a 'thank you' for the service received to my original post.   I had exhausted other AT&T support outlets and had about given up that the problem ever would be resolved.   To my pleasant surprise, I received a follow-on call by a representative who helped me resolve a 6 month old issue.   Thanks to everyone involved.   I know where I will go for AT&T support in the future.

Just wanted to post a 'thank you' for the service received to my original post.   I had exhausted other AT&T support outlets and had about given up that the problem ever would be resolved.   To my pleasant surprise, I received a follow-on call by a representative who helped me resolve a 6 month old issue.   Thanks to everyone involved.   I know where I will go for AT&T support in the future.

Re: Reset ATT Email Password

3 of 3 (168 Views)