Replace 2Wire 2701HG-B with 2Wire 3600HGV?

Highlighted
Contributor

Replace 2Wire 2701HG-B with 2Wire 3600HGV?

Hello, I'm having some issues with my old 2Wire gateway. It works intermittently, and the periods of not working are getting longer and longer. I've already done a couple of chats with the tech people and have not been able to resolve. My son in law gave me a newer 2Wire that was barely used. I've tried just swapping them out, but that didn't work. Is it possible to swap out a 2Wire 2701HG-B with 2Wire 3600HGV? They are both configured for ATT, so I'm hoping the answer is yes.

Message 1 of 2 (860 Views)

Re: Replace 2Wire 2701HG-B with 2Wire 3600HGV?

mamayfield wrote:

Hello, I'm having some issues with my old 2Wire gateway. It works intermittently, and the periods of not working are getting longer and longer. I've already done a couple of chats with the tech people and have not been able to resolve. My son in law gave me a newer 2Wire that was barely used. I've tried just swapping them out, but that didn't work. Is it possible to swap out a 2Wire 2701HG-B with 2Wire 3600HGV? They are both configured for ATT, so I'm hoping the answer is yes.

Sorry ma, the 2701 and the 3600 are not interchangeable. You have what is refered to as ADSL, the 3600 is for VDSL.

I would suggest ordering the Pace 4111N.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 2 of 2 (848 Views)