Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Highlighted
Posted Jun 13, 2013
9:22:03 PM
View profile
Reduced att/yahoo email functionality effective June 10, 2013

Regarding the "upgraded" ATT - Yahoo email service effective June 10, 2013

ATT/Yahoo has significantly reduced the functionality of email.  Are they trying to get their customers to move to another email service?

1.  Can't adjust the width of the various fields of the email screen

2.  Can't see entire subject by moving the cursor over it

3.  Can't hide the ad on the right side of the screen

4.  Have to move the message left and right to see an entire message line

5.  Selecting multiple addresses for the contacts list take at least 3 times as long

6.  The total number of messages in each folder is missing

7.  The ability to insert a separator line is gone.

8. There are zero improvements to go along with these short comings

What is your schedule to restore the above functionality?

JerryZ43

There are zero improvements to go along with these short comings

What is your schedule to restore the above functionality

Regarding the "upgraded" ATT - Yahoo email service effective June 10, 2013

ATT/Yahoo has significantly reduced the functionality of email.  Are they trying to get their customers to move to another email service?

1.  Can't adjust the width of the various fields of the email screen

2.  Can't see entire subject by moving the cursor over it

3.  Can't hide the ad on the right side of the screen

4.  Have to move the message left and right to see an entire message line

5.  Selecting multiple addresses for the contacts list take at least 3 times as long

6.  The total number of messages in each folder is missing

7.  The ability to insert a separator line is gone.

8. There are zero improvements to go along with these short comings

What is your schedule to restore the above functionality?

JerryZ43

There are zero improvements to go along with these short comings

What is your schedule to restore the above functionality

Reduced att/yahoo email functionality effective June 10, 2013

10 replies
(13) Me too
(13) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2013 6:13:01 PM
(0)
Tutor

You can add the removal of List names in the contacts box when sending to everyone in the List.  You now have the privilege of selecting the list and then clicking on every address in the list.  Any body know of a better choice for E-Mail.

You can add the removal of List names in the contacts box when sending to everyone in the List.  You now have the privilege of selecting the list and then clicking on every address in the list.  Any body know of a better choice for E-Mail.

Re: Reduced att/yahoo email functionality effective June 10, 2013

2 of 11 (2,255 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2013 4:14:45 PM
(0)
Tutor
Couldn't agree more!
Couldn't agree more!

3 of 11 (2,131 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 20, 2013 7:53:59 PM
(0)
Tutor

ATT!  Are You KIDDING ME?!?!?!

In addition to the deficiencies listed in this and the other thread, you can add:

The whole window scrolls up, instead of just the pane listing the emails.

There is no "Check mail" button.

In the "Move" pull-down, the first 9 entries all have a "D #" on the right (# is 1 - 9), I assume meaning you could move the selected email to one of these first 9 folders.  There is no explaination of this "feature", nor if it's adjustable or expandable.

That's all I have time for.  I'm going back to BASIC, at least until they put most of this functionality in the new version!

ATT!  Are You KIDDING ME?!?!?!

In addition to the deficiencies listed in this and the other thread, you can add:

The whole window scrolls up, instead of just the pane listing the emails.

There is no "Check mail" button.

In the "Move" pull-down, the first 9 entries all have a "D #" on the right (# is 1 - 9), I assume meaning you could move the selected email to one of these first 9 folders.  There is no explaination of this "feature", nor if it's adjustable or expandable.

That's all I have time for.  I'm going back to BASIC, at least until they put most of this functionality in the new version!

4 of 11 (2,122 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 24, 2013 9:12:57 AM
(0)
Tutor

The checkbox to select all messages doesn't work like it did previously. Before you could check the box to select all messages the hold down the CNTRL key and deselect individual messages that you wanted to apply an action or move to. Now once you checkmark the "Select All" box you cannot deselect any individual.

ATT?Yahoo should call this change a "Downgrade" becauce of the loss of previous functionality. I definitely do not see any improvements. To me they just copied the MSN Hotmail - Outlook.com change.

The checkbox to select all messages doesn't work like it did previously. Before you could check the box to select all messages the hold down the CNTRL key and deselect individual messages that you wanted to apply an action or move to. Now once you checkmark the "Select All" box you cannot deselect any individual.

ATT?Yahoo should call this change a "Downgrade" becauce of the loss of previous functionality. I definitely do not see any improvements. To me they just copied the MSN Hotmail - Outlook.com change.

5 of 11 (2,018 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 1, 2013 5:21:02 AM
(0)
Mentor

I agree with three of the points you listed:

#2 Can't see entire subject by moving the cursor over it 

That has been frustrating for me on numerous occasions. The only solution I have found is to pretend I am forwarding or replying to the message, and then in the new email, I can see the complete subject line.

#1 Can't adjust the width of the various fields of the email screen

That was a nice feature we had before. I could adjust the fields (name, date/time) and that enabled me to see more of the subject line if a long subject.

#7 The ability to insert a separator line is gone.

I used that feature often in my emails and do miss that option.

Note:  I find it interesting that we have that insert horizontal line function available here when we post questions or responses in the community board. But no longer available with the new email!

I agree with three of the points you listed:

#2 Can't see entire subject by moving the cursor over it 

That has been frustrating for me on numerous occasions. The only solution I have found is to pretend I am forwarding or replying to the message, and then in the new email, I can see the complete subject line.

#1 Can't adjust the width of the various fields of the email screen

That was a nice feature we had before. I could adjust the fields (name, date/time) and that enabled me to see more of the subject line if a long subject.

#7 The ability to insert a separator line is gone.

I used that feature often in my emails and do miss that option.

Note:  I find it interesting that we have that insert horizontal line function available here when we post questions or responses in the community board. But no longer available with the new email!

6 of 11 (1,865 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2013 3:34:59 PM
(0)
Mentor

1anglepug asked about the check mail button

I discovered (by accident) how to check for new mail.

If I click on the Inbox folder, then will check for new email.  Immediately after I click InBox the word "checking" will quickly appear to notify it is checking for new mail.

Also if I rollover the Inbox folder (do not click just hold mouse over folder) - to the right there is a symbol that appears. You have to look really closely because it's such a light color symbol.  The symbol is used often in software to represent reload page (it's like a letter C with an arrow on the top end)

In addition I rollover the symbol, a text box that appears which reads "check for new email".  If I click on the symbol, the word "checking" will quickly appear to the left to notify it is checking for new mail.

1anglepug asked about the check mail button

I discovered (by accident) how to check for new mail.

If I click on the Inbox folder, then will check for new email.  Immediately after I click InBox the word "checking" will quickly appear to notify it is checking for new mail.

Also if I rollover the Inbox folder (do not click just hold mouse over folder) - to the right there is a symbol that appears. You have to look really closely because it's such a light color symbol.  The symbol is used often in software to represent reload page (it's like a letter C with an arrow on the top end)

In addition I rollover the symbol, a text box that appears which reads "check for new email".  If I click on the symbol, the word "checking" will quickly appear to the left to notify it is checking for new mail.

7 of 11 (1,778 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 6:10:23 AM
(0)
Contributor

would be any service BUT this one.

would be any service BUT this one.

8 of 11 (1,017 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 6:18:25 AM
(0)
Contributor

Family illness kept me off my computer for days.  I now have well over 999 messages.  I called ATT to find out how I can select all and get rid of most of them with the new system.  The rep says ATT chose Yahoo's basic service offering for their new "upgrade?" and now I have to check each message to delete it.  On top of that my ATT speed is so slow and when I went to the ATT web page to look at possible upgrades I found that I'm paying the median rate, but the lowest service speed offered  is much faster than what I get.  I'm looking for a new provider too.

Family illness kept me off my computer for days.  I now have well over 999 messages.  I called ATT to find out how I can select all and get rid of most of them with the new system.  The rep says ATT chose Yahoo's basic service offering for their new "upgrade?" and now I have to check each message to delete it.  On top of that my ATT speed is so slow and when I went to the ATT web page to look at possible upgrades I found that I'm paying the median rate, but the lowest service speed offered  is much faster than what I get.  I'm looking for a new provider too.

9 of 11 (1,016 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 7, 2013 10:47:19 AM
(0)
Teacher
If you click on the box to the left of? "SORT BY DATE"? it will select all your messages.? Then you can deselect those you wish to keep and?delete?all those still selected by clicking on "Delete."? Hope this helps.
If you click on the box to the left of? "SORT BY DATE"? it will select all your messages.? Then you can deselect those you wish to keep and?delete?all those still selected by clicking on "Delete."? Hope this helps.

10 of 11 (986 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 12, 2013 7:17:37 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Phil-101 on Sep 12, 2013 at 7:34:03 PM

So glad I found this thread.... I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME!

THIS "UPGRADE" IS THE MOST USELESS THING TO HIT THE NET SINCE 28800 MODEMS AND "ALL NEW" AOL CD'S!

IT IS UTTERLY WORTHLESS. I SPENT NEARLY TWO HOURS TODAY TRYING TO CLEAR OUT MY INBOX HOPING THAT IT WOULD HELP SPEED THINGS UP A BIT. DID NOT SEEM TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

DO ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS AN OPTION SETTING FOR HOW MANY MESSAGES TO DISPLAY? SEEMS LIKE MINE IS SET TO "SHOW ALL" WHICH NEVER REALLY GETS TO THE END.

ALSO FOR SOME REASON WHENEVER I AM ATTEMPTING TO DO ANYTHING WILD LIKE "VIEWING A MESSAGE" THERE IS A CONSTANT "CONNECTING" MESSAGE THING GOING ON.

HEY ATT! YOU SUCK OUT LOUD. WHAT THE ____  IS YOUR PROBLEM. HOW ABOUT FEWER COMMERCIALS, ADS, AND PROMOTION. YOU HAVE BECOME THE NEW AOL.

[word filter avoidance]

So glad I found this thread.... I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME!

THIS "UPGRADE" IS THE MOST USELESS THING TO HIT THE NET SINCE 28800 MODEMS AND "ALL NEW" AOL CD'S!

IT IS UTTERLY WORTHLESS. I SPENT NEARLY TWO HOURS TODAY TRYING TO CLEAR OUT MY INBOX HOPING THAT IT WOULD HELP SPEED THINGS UP A BIT. DID NOT SEEM TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

DO ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS AN OPTION SETTING FOR HOW MANY MESSAGES TO DISPLAY? SEEMS LIKE MINE IS SET TO "SHOW ALL" WHICH NEVER REALLY GETS TO THE END.

ALSO FOR SOME REASON WHENEVER I AM ATTEMPTING TO DO ANYTHING WILD LIKE "VIEWING A MESSAGE" THERE IS A CONSTANT "CONNECTING" MESSAGE THING GOING ON.

HEY ATT! YOU SUCK OUT LOUD. WHAT THE ____  IS YOUR PROBLEM. HOW ABOUT FEWER COMMERCIALS, ADS, AND PROMOTION. YOU HAVE BECOME THE NEW AOL.

[word filter avoidance]

[ Edited ]
11 of 11 (874 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments