Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Jul 6, 2013
12:08:01 PM
View profile
Problem with opening e-mails after AT&T "upgrade"

After being forced to upgrade my e-mail account about 10 days ago, I can now no longer open or send e-mails. I can log-in to my accounts but I just can't open the e-mails.

This problem applies to my Prodigy.net, Bellsouth account, and AT&T e-mail accounts.

I keep getting the same pop-up box saying "Internet Explorer has stopped working".

I tried calling AT&T and Yahoo technical support but kept getting bounced around for several hours with no help.

All they said was they could help with resetting my password. 

My problem is not with logging-in but with opening and sending e-mails.

Can someone out there (including AT&T people) please help?  Very frustrating. Thanks.

After being forced to upgrade my e-mail account about 10 days ago, I can now no longer open or send e-mails. I can log-in to my accounts but I just can't open the e-mails.

This problem applies to my Prodigy.net, Bellsouth account, and AT&T e-mail accounts.

I keep getting the same pop-up box saying "Internet Explorer has stopped working".

I tried calling AT&T and Yahoo technical support but kept getting bounced around for several hours with no help.

All they said was they could help with resetting my password. 

My problem is not with logging-in but with opening and sending e-mails.

Can someone out there (including AT&T people) please help?  Very frustrating. Thanks.

Problem with opening e-mails after AT&T "upgrade"

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2013 4:02:16 PM
(0)
Mentor

I gave up trying to use Internet Explorer (IE) with my email account. I'm using Google Chrome or Firefox browsers now.  IE was simply too slow, often stopped - did not respond and several email functions were not operating in IE. 

I gave up trying to use Internet Explorer (IE) with my email account. I'm using Google Chrome or Firefox browsers now.  IE was simply too slow, often stopped - did not respond and several email functions were not operating in IE. 

Re: Problem with opening e-mails after AT&T "upgrade"

2 of 6 (355 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 7, 2013 9:03:00 AM
(0)
Contributor

What version of IE are you using?  What version of Windows? 

If you're using Windows XP, then IE6, IE7, or IE8 are your only choices.  HOPEFULLY you're using IE8!!!!

If you're using Windows VIsta, then IE7, IE8, or IE9 are your only choices. 

If you're using Windows 7, then IE8, IE9, or IE10 are your only choices.  IE10 tends to break websites at times.

If you're using Windows 8, then IE10 is your only choice.

What version of IE are you using?  What version of Windows? 

If you're using Windows XP, then IE6, IE7, or IE8 are your only choices.  HOPEFULLY you're using IE8!!!!

If you're using Windows VIsta, then IE7, IE8, or IE9 are your only choices. 

If you're using Windows 7, then IE8, IE9, or IE10 are your only choices.  IE10 tends to break websites at times.

If you're using Windows 8, then IE10 is your only choice.

3 of 6 (337 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2013 8:12:47 AM
(0)
Contributor

I'm using Windows 7 and IE 10.

Thanks for your help.

Have set up a Google e-mail account to bypass IE and now able to have e-mail capability through Google.

Have had my Prodigy account for over 10 years and would hate to lose all my old e-mails if I have to cancel.

Still have not heard back from AT&T.

I'm using Windows 7 and IE 10.

Thanks for your help.

Have set up a Google e-mail account to bypass IE and now able to have e-mail capability through Google.

Have had my Prodigy account for over 10 years and would hate to lose all my old e-mails if I have to cancel.

4 of 6 (299 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2013 8:17:30 AM
(0)
Contributor

p.s.  I'm using Windows 7 and IE 10.

I also have AT&T Uverse for my TV, Internet and Wireless.

Paying $250 per month for the Uverse service and $16 per month for Prodigy (part of AT&T) e-mail.

I think I'm wasting a lot of money.

p.s.  I'm using Windows 7 and IE 10.

I also have AT&T Uverse for my TV, Internet and Wireless.

Paying $250 per month for the Uverse service and $16 per month for Prodigy (part of AT&T) e-mail.

I think I'm wasting a lot of money.

Re: Problem with opening e-mails after AT&T e-mail "upgrade"

5 of 6 (298 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2013 10:48:24 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi sherman-2000,

I'm sorry for the delay, we received your private message. I just need a little more information to assist you with this. Please check your private messages for my response.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Hi sherman-2000,

I'm sorry for the delay, we received your private message. I just need a little more information to assist you with this. Please check your private messages for my response.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Re: Problem with opening e-mails after AT&T e-mail "upgrade"

6 of 6 (234 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments