Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Sep 19, 2013
12:50:56 PM
View profile
Problem with McAfee Internet Security Suite

I completely uninstalled and removed my existing copy of McAfee and installed the one provided by AT&T (which lists my operating system, XP SP2, as a supported one); however, when I attempt to update McAfee I get this message:

"Upgrade your version of Windows

We're sorry, but McAfee no longer supports Windows XP Service

Pack 2 or older operating system. Please upgrade to a later

version before updating your McAfee software.

After you upgrade, right-click the McAfee icon in your system tray

and select Check for updates."

There is a good reason that I must continue to operate XP and the support people at AT&T assure me that McAfee will in fact run ok under XP. Does anyone know anything about this problem?

Thanks

I completely uninstalled and removed my existing copy of McAfee and installed the one provided by AT&T (which lists my operating system, XP SP2, as a supported one); however, when I attempt to update McAfee I get this message:

"Upgrade your version of Windows

We're sorry, but McAfee no longer supports Windows XP Service

Pack 2 or older operating system. Please upgrade to a later

version before updating your McAfee software.

After you upgrade, right-click the McAfee icon in your system tray

and select Check for updates."

There is a good reason that I must continue to operate XP and the support people at AT&T assure me that McAfee will in fact run ok under XP. Does anyone know anything about this problem?

Thanks

Problem with McAfee Internet Security Suite

1 reply
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 1:33:30 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, jtb070317!

Do you still need help downloading a compatible version of McAfee? If so, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can try to help.

Please include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, please let me know if you have any other questiosn or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, jtb070317!

Do you still need help downloading a compatible version of McAfee? If so, please send us a private message by clicking here so we can try to help.

Please include your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, please let me know if you have any other questiosn or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Problem with McAfee Internet Security Suite

2 of 2 (249 Views)