Problem: Email *not* sending

Contributor

Problem: Email *not* sending

I'm doing simple email *send* from Outlook 2003 on a XP PC. I'm getting the following error 40% 0f the time and emails do not get sent:  "sending reported error (0x800CCC78): 'Unable to send .. verify the email address in your account properties.'

Summary: Email works most of the time fine, but lots of times it won't send and gives erro above.

Would appreciate a solution. Thank you.

Message 1 of 4 (1,921 Views)
Employee

Re: Problem: Email *not* sending

Please, accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you might have experienced.

I would like to inform you that this error message means the SMTP server authentication feature is disabled in your email client. I suggest you try to recheck the settings of your AT&T email account in Outlook 2003, check if you are able to send the emails through Outlook 2003 or not.

To verify the settings of your Outlook 2003, Please follow the steps through the link mentioned below:

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401568

After trying all the steps mentioned above. If the issue persists, it is recommended that you contact AT&T voice technical help desk at 1-877-722-3755, they are open 24/7. They will help you accordingly.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (1,815 Views)
Tutor

I have tried to send my att.net emails and they seem to go no where. I have a yahoo web mail account. They do not show up ther nor do they sohow ut at att.net web mail. I sent myself a few emails from Yahoo and they do not showup anywhere. What gives?

Message 3 of 4 (865 Views)
Mentor

Now day 13 that we cannot SEND emails from a local client. Do I really want the frustration of calling tech support again? Has anyone tried Fastmail from Australia? They have US packages that look pretty good. Regards, fiero850
Message 4 of 4 (855 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.