Printing emails with attachments issue

Contributor

Printing emails with attachments issue

On the new and "improved" email client, when I print an email that has an attachment, I want to be able to see that there is an attachment with that email, including the names of those attachments.  The "classic" version of email allowed me to see all attachments when printing the email.  Now I cannot see any attachments.  Is there an option or way to see the attachment names/file types when printing an email?

Message 1 of 6 (452 Views)
Employee

Re: Printing emails with attachments issue

Hello yourdreamer and thank you for your post.

Working with email attachments is a helpful article.  If you can't view attached images, your browser might be the problem.  In this article, please review the "attachment troubleshooting" section for assistance to determine if this is your issue.

If you cannot get resolution from the article, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

In the message please include your name, email address, contact number, a good time for you to be reached on that contact number.  After receipt a manager will contact you within 48 hours to help you!

~Delia

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6 (432 Views)
Mentor

"On the new and "improved" email client, when I print an email that has an attachment, I want to be able to see that there is an attachment with that email, including the names of those attachments.  The "classic" version of email allowed me to see all attachments when printing the email.  Now I cannot see any attachments.  Is there an option or way to see the attachment names/file types when printing an email?"

I have the same problem in ALL of my browsers (3 versions of FF and IE) - not a browser problem.

Delia's reply of "If you can't view attached images, your browser might be the problem" isn't a solution as the problem is not viewing the attachment it is that the PRINTED email no longer lists the attachments - in the classic Webmail it did list the attachments.

Also, Delia's link goes nowhere except a popup to "Personalize" a search from ATT - need a direct link to the article, please.

Regards,

fiero850

Message 3 of 6 (425 Views)
Contributor

Viewing and printing the actual attachments is not my issue.  My issue is PRINTING the ACTUAL EMAIL where it DOES NOT show me what attachments there are which relate to that specific email.  The "classic" version would allow you to see these attachments; the "new" version does not have this same visibility.

Message 4 of 6 (415 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

These posts are quite old, yet the issue does not seem to be resolved.  I no longer see the attachments listed when I print out an email.  Prior to the recent 2013 changes to emails, the attachments were always shown on printed emails.  Would someone PLEASE help resolve this issue.  It is very important in an office situation to show that there were attachments sent with an email.

Message 5 of 6 (310 Views)
Contributor

Was this issue ever resolved?  I'm having the same trouble.  When I print the email I want the printed copy to show the names of the attachments for my paper document purposes.

Message 6 of 6 (268 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.