Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted May 4, 2013
11:35:52 AM
View profile
Poor Internet Service for years

Hi, I'm basically ranting about how I've always been getting very very poor internet service, before I moved I was simply at 700kb/s and the Technican said the "box" was atleast 7 miles away. Well my family and I moved once again and I crossed my fingers hoping that I would get much better service. But my prayers weren't answered and instead of 700kb/s I now get 150kb/s . So we just upgraded to better service of 1.5mb/s hoping that it will help the service improve. Guess what IT DIDN'T and we are proclaimed 13 miles away from the "box" now. Please give me some kind of advice , this was not the service I was promised I'm looking into other ISP's at this moment , I'm a long time fan and I'm very dissapointed. I'm located in Los Angeles California in the 90062 area code if that helps anything out, and here is what my speed test said which is a complete lie...   ^_^

Hi, I'm basically ranting about how I've always been getting very very poor internet service, before I moved I was simply at 700kb/s and the Technican said the "box" was atleast 7 miles away. Well my family and I moved once again and I crossed my fingers hoping that I would get much better service. But my prayers weren't answered and instead of 700kb/s I now get 150kb/s . So we just upgraded to better service of 1.5mb/s hoping that it will help the service improve. Guess what IT DIDN'T and we are proclaimed 13 miles away from the "box" now. Please give me some kind of advice , this was not the service I was promised I'm looking into other ISP's at this moment , I'm a long time fan and I'm very dissapointed. I'm located in Los Angeles California in the 90062 area code if that helps anything out, and here is what my speed test said which is a complete lie...   ^_^

Poor Internet Service for years

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 8, 2013 2:17:02 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

Zomggester,

Can you also run a speed test on Speakeasy and compare the two. Please post those results as well.

Thank you,

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Zomggester,

Can you also run a speed test on Speakeasy and compare the two. Please post those results as well.

Thank you,

James

Re: Poor Internet Service for years

2 of 3 (180 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 5, 2013 12:54:08 PM
(0)
Tutor

Typical att response...."it's not our fault....you live to far away.....we are overloaded.... Please...Just admit it...your service is pathetic.

Typical att response...."it's not our fault....you live to far away.....we are overloaded.... Please...Just admit it...your service is pathetic.

Re: Poor Internet Service for years

3 of 3 (95 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments