Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Mar 23, 2012
6:33:30 PM
View profile
Password reset for old sbcglobal account - no longer an ATT customer

I have an account from my DSL service that I canceled some time ago. One of the sub-accounts was hacked and is suspended. I never set up alternate contacts for it, so it wants me to call a service rep to have the password reset. Since I am no longer a customer there is no path through the phone tree that I can tell to find someone to make this happen.

Is it possible to have the password reset for this account?

I have an account from my DSL service that I canceled some time ago. One of the sub-accounts was hacked and is suspended. I never set up alternate contacts for it, so it wants me to call a service rep to have the password reset. Since I am no longer a customer there is no path through the phone tree that I can tell to find someone to make this happen.

Password reset for old sbcglobal account - no longer an ATT customer

13 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(13)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 23, 2012 6:40:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Send a PM to Alex who is an AT&T Community Manager on this forum.

Send a PM to Alex who is an AT&T Community Manager on this forum.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Password reset for old sbcglobal account - no longer an ATT customer

2 of 14 (4,923 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2012 12:11:06 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Thank you @texasguy37!

old_dsl_customer wrote:

Welcome old_dsl_customer. I received your Private Message and replied with the information needed since this is account specific. Please check your Private Message inbox (blue envelope, top-right) for an update.  We'll get you in touch with the group that can look into it.

Regards,
Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible
Private Message (ATTCustomerCare for account specific help)

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Thank you @texasguy37!

old_dsl_customer wrote:

Welcome old_dsl_customer. I received your Private Message and replied with the information needed since this is account specific. Please check your Private Message inbox (blue envelope, top-right) for an update.  We'll get you in touch with the group that can look into it.

Regards,
Alex

--------------
Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Keep in mind; I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 14 (4,839 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 23, 2012 4:28:13 AM
(0)
Contributor

Please help, I have an sbcglobal.net acct that was logged out on the screen when we tried to do a forgot password.  However, the temp password was sent to the email that I am logged out of and can not get into. Its the only email I have had my entire life and I have everything in there. Please help.  I have spent hrs on the phone to be told, It's a free email account and I can not be given a temp password over the phone to reset. I have several events coming up with RSVP's being made to that acct and I am locked out. Please help.

Please help, I have an sbcglobal.net acct that was logged out on the screen when we tried to do a forgot password.  However, the temp password was sent to the email that I am logged out of and can not get into. Its the only email I have had my entire life and I have everything in there. Please help.  I have spent hrs on the phone to be told, It's a free email account and I can not be given a temp password over the phone to reset. I have several events coming up with RSVP's being made to that acct and I am locked out. Please help.

4 of 14 (4,702 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 23, 2012 4:32:50 AM
(0)
Contributor

Please help!  I am logged out of my sbcglobal.net email.  I tried to do a reset password, however they sent the temp password to the email acct that I am logged out of. I have spent hrs on the phone to be told I am not an att&t customer so they can not help on the free email.  I have several events coming up and can not see the email reservations.  Please can I get the temp password given to me so I can get into the acct?

Please help!  I am logged out of my sbcglobal.net email.  I tried to do a reset password, however they sent the temp password to the email acct that I am logged out of. I have spent hrs on the phone to be told I am not an att&t customer so they can not help on the free email.  I have several events coming up and can not see the email reservations.  Please can I get the temp password given to me so I can get into the acct?

5 of 14 (4,700 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 21, 2013 1:28:35 PM
(0)
Contributor
I need help with my sbcglobal account
I need help with my sbcglobal account

6 of 14 (3,482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2013 8:47:09 AM
(0)
Tutor

I am still an ATT customer, both land line and internet.  This week mysteriously my password has been reset.  My phone or laptop no longer have the correct password to access my emails.  Please help, aarnold

I am still an ATT customer, both land line and internet.  This week mysteriously my password has been reset.  My phone or laptop no longer have the correct password to access my emails.  Please help, aarnold

7 of 14 (2,463 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 26, 2013 9:10:21 AM
(0)
Tutor

A very pleasant phone experience with a tech named Jason.  He walked me through resetting the password.  Everything is good.  Great customer service experience.  Thank you, problem fixed.

A very pleasant phone experience with a tech named Jason.  He walked me through resetting the password.  Everything is good.  Great customer service experience.  Thank you, problem fixed.

8 of 14 (2,458 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2013 5:20:09 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have the same problem... What number did u call? Please help. 

9 of 14 (2,067 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2015 6:50:13 AM
(0)
Contributor

Need help resetting my old sbcglobal.net account password.

How can this be done?  I no longer have any att services but i know the email still works as i use to use facebook to log in.

Need help resetting my old sbcglobal.net account password.

How can this be done?  I no longer have any att services but i know the email still works as i use to use facebook to log in.

10 of 14 (1,027 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 19, 2015 12:08:24 PM
(1)
Community Support

Hi @sc1903 ,

I am sorry about the issues you are having with your sbcglobal.net E-mail, but I will be glad to help. I will be sending you a private message to gather more information, so be on the lookout for it.

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.

Hi @sc1903 ,

I am sorry about the issues you are having with your sbcglobal.net E-mail, but I will be glad to help. I will be sending you a private message to gather more information, so be on the lookout for it.

-David T

Need more help?

Download the myAT&T App and click Fix It Now! Support Tools to get U-verse help. For more assistance, send a quick message to ATTU-verseCare. Be sure to include your account number, name, and contact number.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

11 of 14 (1,015 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 20, 2015 5:56:19 AM
(1)
Contributor
Thanks I can now get into my email
Thanks I can now get into my email

12 of 14 (997 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2015 12:16:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Sunflower75 wrote:

@sunflower  and everyone else who posted on this thread, and including those who did NOT post to this therad, even if not an active customer, PLEASE, click on the link to the attcustomercare social media team here..  they try to catch what the can, but will always miss someone unless the send a private message, and the agreement says, automated help only after 60 days you are no longer an at^t customer, so these guys are going above and beyond to hep, even though technicaly they don't have to... but they need you to adk them first in the private message, or they won't know to help so.. here ya go:

Rethink Possible

Sunflower75 wrote:

@sunflower  and everyone else who posted on this thread, and including those who did NOT post to this therad, even if not an active customer, PLEASE, click on the link to the attcustomercare social media team here..  they try to catch what the can, but will always miss someone unless the send a private message, and the agreement says, automated help only after 60 days you are no longer an at^t customer, so these guys are going above and beyond to hep, even though technicaly they don't have to... but they need you to adk them first in the private message, or they won't know to help so.. here ya go:

Rethink Possible

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

13 of 14 (982 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 9, 2015 10:12:51 AM
(0)
Contributor
I need help too. I can access and know my password but I need to know how to change it. My account was hacked and emails are going out that I didn't send. Thanks.
I need help too. I can access and know my password but I need to know how to change it. My account was hacked and emails are going out that I didn't send. Thanks.

14 of 14 (683 Views)