Pace 4111n-031 Gateway RIPv2 and Static Routes

Tutor

Pace 4111n-031 Gateway RIPv2 and Static Routes

I don't understand where it is in the configuration provided that I would insert my static routes. I have multiple other routers I need my gateway to work with, some of them require different subnets with a specific firewall configuration. Is there a page I'm missing? I just need to either enable RIP or RIPv2, or insert some basic static routes.

Message 1 of 3 (741 Views)

Re: Pace 4111n-031 Gateway RIPv2 and Static Routes

NaruFGT wrote:

I don't understand where it is in the configuration provided that I would insert my static routes. I have multiple other routers I need my gateway to work with, some of them require different subnets with a specific firewall configuration. Is there a page I'm missing? I just need to either enable RIP or RIPv2, or insert some basic static routes.

If you open the GUI on the 4111N, click the Settings tab. Under Settings, click the LAN tab. Under LAN, click the IP Address Allocation. I'm pretty sure you'll find what you're looking for there

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Message 2 of 3 (718 Views)
Tutor

Re: Pace 4111n-031 Gateway RIPv2 and Static Routes

I'm not looking to assign static IP addresses, I'm looking to assign static routes. The public/private NAT mappings available in the configuration page you're suggesting I use are not what I'm looking for either.
Static routing is described here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Static_routing

There is also nothing under the page you suggested that describes RIP dynamic routing.

Message 3 of 3 (688 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.