Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Jul 8, 2013
11:24:56 AM
View profile
Orphaned yahoo email link to At&t email
Edited by hemantkjain3612 on Jul 8, 2013 at 3:00:15 PM

Last week my Yahoo email got locked and it prompts me to change password which redirects me to an AT&T site.  I tried loggin in with my 2 previous att.net email IDs and change password but yahoo email did not work (still redirects me to change password).  I called AT&T customer support multiple times and per instructions of one of the support agent deleted the 2 working att.net email accounts to see if Yahoo email got unmerged.  It did not help.  I spoke to another DSL support rep today and she told me that in her systems she can she my Yahoo id is active but NOT linked to any At&t email sub accounts.  It is clearly a data/system error but she had no clue who can help me.  I have spent countless hours last week trying to resolve this issue but no success.  I have 15 years of email history in this account and all of a sudden it looks like I will no longer be able to access it as both Yahoo and AT&T have no clue as to what to do in this case.  Any help is appreciated.

Last week my Yahoo email got locked and it prompts me to change password which redirects me to an AT&T site.  I tried loggin in with my 2 previous att.net email IDs and change password but yahoo email did not work (still redirects me to change password).  I called AT&T customer support multiple times and per instructions of one of the support agent deleted the 2 working att.net email accounts to see if Yahoo email got unmerged.  It did not help.  I spoke to another DSL support rep today and she told me that in her systems she can she my Yahoo id is active but NOT linked to any At&t email sub accounts.  It is clearly a data/system error but she had no clue who can help me.  I have spent countless hours last week trying to resolve this issue but no success.  I have 15 years of email history in this account and all of a sudden it looks like I will no longer be able to access it as both Yahoo and AT&T have no clue as to what to do in this case.  Any help is appreciated.

Orphaned yahoo email link to At&t email

[ Edited ]
1 reply
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2013 2:03:02 PM
(0)
Contributor

My issue was resolved by the AT&T escalation team.  Appreciate the effort they put to resolve this.  They found that my Yahoo email was linked to an old suspended At&T email account. They unlinked the two and then I was able to login thru Yahoo site.

My issue was resolved by the AT&T escalation team.  Appreciate the effort they put to resolve this.  They found that my Yahoo email was linked to an old suspended At&T email account. They unlinked the two and then I was able to login thru Yahoo site.

Re: Orphaned yahoo email link to At&t email

2 of 2 (509 Views)