Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Apr 2, 2014
6:52:47 AM
View profile
Not honoring special rate I was given and bill is higher than told

I switched from Comcast to AT&T internet because I was so sick of the problems with Comcast. Who knew that AT&T was worse! Besides how long it took to get the DSL installed (U-Verse not available at my address at the time), when the internet was connected the speed was really slow so I called technical support because I thought something was wrong. They talked me into upgrading to the higher speed internet and told me they had a program that was offered in my area and I qualified and it would be $19.99 per month for 12 months. At this time I still had not disconnected my Comcast internet. The tech upgraded me immediately and the speed was good. I got my first bill and it was $23 and change. No problem. My next bill was over $58. I called and was hung up on. (big problem I have found). I called again and talked to a woman who said she would fix it and then I had to talk to a manager and her manager Chris would call me back and could approve it. NO CALL! I called a few days later when I saw no changes on my account online (and took auto pay off the account!). I was hung up on again after stating the problem.

I decided to try the online chat. On March 25th I chatted with Rocky and he assured me all would be taken care of and over charges would be waived and I would start seeing the promotional amount. Yesterday (4/1/14) I checked my bill and it was the same. I called and talked to a woman and finally asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor informed me that the only way I could get that rate was if I also had a home phone line. I indicated that is not what the person who offered me the deal said and I wanted the rate I was quoted. She said she would give it to me if I got a home phone line! ARGH. I asked to speak to her manager and then she hung up on me!

I called back this morning and spent 10 minutes explaining the situation and spoke with Sander who assured me he would fix it and then..I was disconnected.

I give up!  I am now researching other alternatives for internet in my area with going back to Comcast being one of them. AT&T has been the worst experience with a company that I have ever had. I will be filing papers with the BBB and our state based on their business practices!

I switched from Comcast to AT&T internet because I was so sick of the problems with Comcast. Who knew that AT&T was worse! Besides how long it took to get the DSL installed (U-Verse not available at my address at the time), when the internet was connected the speed was really slow so I called technical support because I thought something was wrong. They talked me into upgrading to the higher speed internet and told me they had a program that was offered in my area and I qualified and it would be $19.99 per month for 12 months. At this time I still had not disconnected my Comcast internet. The tech upgraded me immediately and the speed was good. I got my first bill and it was $23 and change. No problem. My next bill was over $58. I called and was hung up on. (big problem I have found). I called again and talked to a woman who said she would fix it and then I had to talk to a manager and her manager Chris would call me back and could approve it. NO CALL! I called a few days later when I saw no changes on my account online (and took auto pay off the account!). I was hung up on again after stating the problem.

I decided to try the online chat. On March 25th I chatted with Rocky and he assured me all would be taken care of and over charges would be waived and I would start seeing the promotional amount. Yesterday (4/1/14) I checked my bill and it was the same. I called and talked to a woman and finally asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor informed me that the only way I could get that rate was if I also had a home phone line. I indicated that is not what the person who offered me the deal said and I wanted the rate I was quoted. She said she would give it to me if I got a home phone line! ARGH. I asked to speak to her manager and then she hung up on me!

I called back this morning and spent 10 minutes explaining the situation and spoke with Sander who assured me he would fix it and then..I was disconnected.

I give up!  I am now researching other alternatives for internet in my area with going back to Comcast being one of them. AT&T has been the worst experience with a company that I have ever had. I will be filing papers with the BBB and our state based on their business practices!

Not honoring special rate I was given and bill is higher than told

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2014 7:37:49 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, lanh65!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about your recent billing issues. We would certainly hate to see you go, so please click here to send us a private message so we can get the billing issues resolved.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, lanh65!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about your recent billing issues. We would certainly hate to see you go, so please click here to send us a private message so we can get the billing issues resolved.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Not honoring special rate I was given and bill is higher than told

2 of 3 (445 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 2, 2014 8:03:26 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thank you. I look forward to you fixing this. I clicked the "here" link and private messaged you with the information you requested.

Thank you. I look forward to you fixing this. I clicked the "here" link and private messaged you with the information you requested.

Re: Not honoring special rate I was given and bill is higher than told

3 of 3 (439 Views)