New Email/Yahoo System

Highlighted
Contributor

New Email/Yahoo System

[ Edited ]

I can switch to Mail Classic but I am unable to retain it.  System constantly switches me back to new mail.

Message 1 of 9 (670 Views)
Contributor

Re: New Email/Yahoo System

I tried following your instructions, but I do not find the Option to change back to classic.. any suggestions?

akee wrote:

I experienced the same thing when my mail page was changed to the new AT&T Yahoo! Mail version. I really did not like the ads on the right panel as well. But I believe that this change was a business decision. Nowadays, most sites display ads.

I also learned that it can easily be fixed. When I called AT&T, they had me change to the Classic Mail version instead. Here are the steps that they gave me:

1. Login to your Mail page.

2. Click on 'Options' on the upper-right corner of the Mail page.

3. Then select 'Switch To Classic Mail Version'.

I hope this helps. Good luck! :smileyhappy:

akee wrote:

I experienced the same thing when my mail page was changed to the new AT&T Yahoo! Mail version. I really did not like the ads on the right panel as well. But I believe that this change was a business decision. Nowadays, most sites display ads.

I also learned that it can easily be fixed. When I called AT&T, they had me change to the Classic Mail version instead. Here are the steps that they gave me:

akee wrote:

Message 2 of 9 (622 Views)
Tutor

Re: New Email/Yahoo System

It is elementary school with pics and stuff for kids. Adults can read words and do not neet pics to tell us where to put the trash. Give us something that works. GIVE US BACK CLASSIC EMAIL
Message 3 of 9 (563 Views)
Tutor

Re: I'm Paying for a Service that Dumped my Emails to a free junk mail acount - Yahoo!

That option is not there anymore

Message 4 of 9 (560 Views)
Contributor

Re: i do not like the new email system!!!!!

I'm sooooo disappointed in the lates email revision by ATT/Yahoo.  The previous design was much more superior for the user. The new design is user unfriendly & now commercialized with unwanted ads. There's absolutely nothing appealing about the newly forced design.  Please, please, bring back the old design - or at least let the user choose. 6/28/2013.

Message 5 of 9 (533 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

To express another opinion, the new email works fine for me.  There is nothing I've used in past versions that doesn't work in the new version.

Takes some getting used to, as any new software does, but IMO it's OK.

YMMV

Message 6 of 9 (519 Views)
Contributor

I don't like the new system either.  How do I print my emails? I don't see a printer icon anymore.  When I use the "file print" i get everything on the page including all of my folder names

Message 7 of 9 (511 Views)
Scholar

While reading an email click on the "Actions" item located above the text of the email.  It has a gear icon.  Click - the very first selection is "Print Message" or use the shortcut key of  "P".

It's all there.  Look around.  Experiment.  Learn.

Message 8 of 9 (503 Views)
Teacher

I disagree with k9jdk. There is so much missing in the new system compared to the old. Plus many of the features that are in the new system are riddled with bugs and fail intermittently. I've been "looking around and experimenting" for a month now. If I haven't found the feature yet, it is too well hidden to be of any use.

Here's what I need (needed):

-framed windows so that I can scroll through an e-mail and still immediately reach the delete, forward or move command buttons

-ability to more easily scan through more than a page of e-mails (regardless of what the e-mail count is on that page.) This is related to trying to find an e-mail archived from months or years ago.

-add columns to inbox or folder information displays

-SPEED--I don't understand why the new portal is so slow. Addressing an e-mail, moving a file to a folder, attaching documents seems to take forever. . . and often these simple tasks just fail, over and over again.

Message 9 of 9 (428 Views)