NVG510 access code, no sticker on modem!

Voyager

NVG510 access code, no sticker on modem!

I need to change my modem settings, but the only sticker on the modem is for the wireless ssid & key.  There is nothing for access code.  Tried contacting AT&T via online chat, all they could do was repeatedely ask me to look for the sticker (which is not present), and offer to send a new modem out.  Anyone have this same problem?

Message 1 of 4 (8,044 Views)
Former Community Manager

Re: NVG510 access code, no sticker on modem!

[ Edited ]

You should be able to access the router by entering 192.168.1.254 into the address bar of your web browser. 

If your access code isn't stored, you can send a private message to ATTCustomerCare with your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type ATTCustomerCare in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (8,026 Views)
Voyager

I have no problem accessing the modem configuration menu at 192.168.1.254.  The issue is that I cannot change configuration without the access code (which is supposed to be on a sticker on the modem  - but is not).  I contacted AT&T support by both live chat and voice, and they were consistent in saying the only remedy would be to have them send me a new modem with visible access code.  I also contacted the manufacturer (Motorola) and they had same story - ask AT&T to get you a new modem.  Just hoping to avoid that.

Interestingly my neighbor just had same modem installed and also reported same issue, i.e. no modem access code sticker available.  Hard to believe this is that common of a problem.   Maybe someone can describe to me in detail what the code sticker should look like and where it is located.  I can only locate the wireless network ssid and key.

Message 3 of 4 (8,019 Views)
Tutor

I did not have the illustrated yellow sticker either.  I am quite sure of that since I photographed the device out of the box (because of problems with AT&T tech support insisting there was a button on my previous modem which simply did not exist!).  However, the default access code is hidden in the white print block of information that contains the serial number (along with the SSID S/N, P/N, MAC, Wireless Network Key).  The illustration in the instructions is extremely misleading.  I hope that his helps some people.

Message 4 of 4 (7,390 Views)