My Spam folder shows emails have been sent from my email address.

Contributor

My Spam folder shows emails have been sent from my email address.

I have performed all checks and balances, i.e. malware, spyware, changed password (I use Kaspersky) and I still see emails that appear to be delivered by me in my SPAM folder. There is nothing unusual in my sent folder and there have been no reports from friends that they have received such emails. The fact that items in my spam folder are showing delivered items from me still makes me feel like there is something going on. Can someone please tell me what other steps I need to take to make sure my account is safe?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 2 (280 Views)
Mentor

Re: My Spam folder shows emails have been sent from my email address.

I get those emails too.  You know right away to not open or click on any links in those emails since you know you did not send it. It's often called spoof email and is just another form of phishing.  Spammers can easily change the email address for sent email address. That enables them to send out email using different email addresses. I was worried at first but after reading information at several reputable websites I decided just one of things we need to be aware.

Message 2 of 2 (236 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.