Ask a question
Search in Internet Forums

Internet Forum

Posted Oct 12, 2013
8:21:05 AM
View profile
My I have an older DSL modem, Siemens Speedstream 4100 seems to be slowing down

Seems to take forever to download and I notice that videos liike on Youtube seem to rebuffer more.  I have a DSL modem, Siemens Speedstream 4100.  When they wearout do they just quit working or do they noticably slow down?

Thanks

Seems to take forever to download and I notice that videos liike on Youtube seem to rebuffer more.  I have a DSL modem, Siemens Speedstream 4100.  When they wearout do they just quit working or do they noticably slow down?

Thanks

My I have an older DSL modem, Siemens Speedstream 4100 seems to be slowing down

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2013 7:56:34 AM
(0)
Master

jsguitar wrote:

Thanks

What kind of devices are you using (computers, tablets, etc.)?

What operating systems on those devices?

What browsers are you using?

What speed package is your DSL?

Have you replaced your filters?

Have you tried running a speed test at www.speedtest.net ?

I'm still using a 4100 that I've had almost ten years, and it's still going strong, so I can't tell you how they die. It's possible what you're experiencing is symptoms of failure.

You should be able to go to Best Buy or Walmart and buy a DSL modem to test whether it's your 4100 or not. If the new modem is slow too, you know the problem is not the 4100, and you can take the new modem back for a refund.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

jsguitar wrote:

Thanks

What kind of devices are you using (computers, tablets, etc.)?

What operating systems on those devices?

What browsers are you using?

What speed package is your DSL?

Have you replaced your filters?

Have you tried running a speed test at www.speedtest.net ?

I'm still using a 4100 that I've had almost ten years, and it's still going strong, so I can't tell you how they die. It's possible what you're experiencing is symptoms of failure.

You should be able to go to Best Buy or Walmart and buy a DSL modem to test whether it's your 4100 or not. If the new modem is slow too, you know the problem is not the 4100, and you can take the new modem back for a refund.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Re: My I have an older DSL modem, Siemens Speedstream 4100 seems to be slowing down

2 of 2 (529 Views)